Chapter 75

(Loki)

I kissed her one more time and left her on the bed. 

She looked at me as if I was a terrible person for leaving her. I simply winked and walked towards the balcony. 

"Your impossible." I heard her say as she followed me. 

"I'm respectful." I said, turning around, meeting her. I took a hold of her hips and kissed her forehead. "I will not defile a lady such as your self. We have not even had a proper date." I winked again at her. 

"Screw the date. Defile away!" She leaned back, throwing her head back, and spread her arms dramatically. 

"Absoultely not." I leaned down and kissed her craned neck. 

"Fine." She groaned. She pulled herself back up and put her forehead to mine. "Thank you." She whispered.

"For what?" I brushed my nose against hers.

"For listening." 

I just looked at her. 

"I'm scared to, you know. I don't know what's coming for us and that scares me." I said. It was the truth. 

She nodded her head and pulled away from me, the moment gone. She hugged herself, rubbing her hands on her arms. 

I scratched my head. "Come here." I no longer wanted to sit on the balcony. I made her follow me to the bed and sat down, motioning for her to sit in between my legs, so that her back would be against my chest. 

She looked at me with raised eyebrows, "Is this how you get every woman into bed?" A smile played on her lips. 

I just eyed her, and eventually she gave in and came and sat on the bed in front of me. I brushed her hand out of my face and picked up the book that had never been moved from the nightstand. 

I could almost hear her smile as I brought the book in front of us. 

"Anna? May I ready thou a story?" I said, in my most dramatic voice.

"Thy most certainly may." She relpied similarly. 

I stroked the cover fondly, thinking of the woman who had given it to me. I opened it to the first story. 

"Now, don't pay attention to the words. Just close your eyes and I will tell you the stories the way my mother used to." 

And I began to read, my arms around her, her head resting on my arm. The story seemed to throw me back in time, when I was a child. I could almost hear my mother's voice as I spoke the words. When I finished the first story, Anna lifted her head off of my arm and leaned back against my chest.

"Loki?"

"Hmm?"

"Promise me that you will do this for your children. Read to them like this." It took me by surprise, but I kissed her on the top of the head, where her part ended. 

"Of course." I whispered.

And then I read the next story.