Chapter 90

(Loki)

It had been a few days since I had sent Thor looking for the demons, for my and Anna's mothers. 

I spent most of my time in the villages, telling them that everything was going to be alright, that they had to trust me. I promised I would protect them. They fully supported me, in whatever I decided. 

Just when I became good, became the man I wanted to be....

There was also something else I had to do, before I went after Anna. Before I used myself as bait to get her and her captors back to Asgard. 

There would be fighting and there would be bloodshed. But it was a cheap price to pay compared to the alternative. 

After I had finished the letter to Anna, I signed it and put it in an envelope, sealing it with hot wax. I kissed her handwritten name on the front, and set it on the bedside table.

In the distance the Bifrost came to life, and I watched as Thor walked out of the gate and towards the castle. I decided to meet him halfway, hoping he had found what I had asked him to fine.

When I finally met him, his face was a mix of emotions. "Well?" I asked expectantly.

"Well." He put his large hands on my shoulders. "I found them. Or their locations at least."

I gave him a confused look.

"Oh, the things I have found out, Brother." And he pushed me back inside the castle.

***********

Once Thor had found a place that he felt was hidden enough for us to talk in secret, he sat me down and the words tumbled out of his mouth.

"They are living as people."

I looked at him as if he were joking.

"I'm serious. Your mother has been on Asgard and Anna's has been on Midgard, this entire time."