15 | Cherry Bomb

The day felt longer than Sachi had expected. The nagging feelings of paranoia and dread grew in her chest as she stayed at the Midoriya residence for a few hours after returning from the market, chatting with Inko about life and gossiping about lady things.

     The bond they shared was similar to Sachi's and her mother's, but, admittedly, it was deeper in a few aspects. However, the annoying presence of the feeling of impending doom in her stomach never let up, even when she had left the Midoriya's and walked home.

     The hours have quickly passed and Sachi was in the confines of her home. She should be in a good mood, however, she was worrying tremendously. No, she hadn't forgotten to thank Inko for giving her an extra bag of rice noodles, nor the pining fact that Wasp was in Musutafu instead of Tokyo. She was pondering on something completely different.

     Not too long ago, at fourteen hours, Sachi had received two emergency alerts sent from both U.A. and All Might. The two messages were about a massive villain attack at the U.S.J.

     And Sachi couldn't do anything about it. She wanted to leave her home and go help Izuku's classmates, but she couldn't because she didn't know where the U.S.J. was, nor did she have enough stamina to reach the facility before dusk or even have enough strength to do any real damage against a large group of criminals.

     So, with a painful ache in her chest, she stayed in the safety of her living room, praying for her best friend and older brother to return safely in one piece.

     The blue sky soon transferred to deep amber, and Sachi had been brooding, pacing about the house, doing whatever she could to get her mind off of the villain attack. She's been muttering different scenarios to herself and creating different endings to each. The bracelets cuffed around her wrists seemed to tighten, the necklace locked around her neck beeped occasionally, almost every hour.

     The only times she had stopped was to eat or use the restroom, but that was it. She tried distracting herself with movies or T.V. shows or video games, but the controlling thoughts and fears of Izzy or Katsuki being tortured or killed at that exact moment egged at her conscience. She had successfully sent her costume and measurements to Principle Nezu before the clock struck the seventeenth hour, and she fell into a ragged sleep on the couch thirty minutes later. Her dreams were nothing short of nightmares for the next couple of hours when the moon rose and stood in the night sky.

     Until finally, she woke from the sound of the front door opening and closing. She was mysteriously transferred to her bedroom with her sheets and duvet tucked to her chin, but that didn't stop her from leaving her bed and poke her head out into the hallway to see her brother softly tiptoeing passed her door towards his room. Bandages around his wrists peeked out of his uniform sleeves and Sachi bit her lip, warmth erupted in her chest and neck as she slid past her door with trembling shoulders.

     Sachi collided with her brother from behind, pulling him to a stop with a weak bearhug. Her arms tight around his waist and her cheek against his back. She was quiet, sniffling back her tears, and gave a relieved sighed, enjoying the heat that Katsuki gave off.

     They stayed like that for what it felt like a while. Sachi clutching her brother's blazer and Katsuki standing still, a hand on his bedroom's doorknob. The house was almost silent aside from the ticking of a clock and the soft breathing of the two siblings.

     Katsuki raised his other hand and gently squeezed his sister's shaking wrist. He muttered, "Goodnight," and disappeared into his room, his door shutting softly against the doorframe. Sachi stared at his door, wanting to see her brother again, but sighed.

     She trudged back to her door and, too, disappeared behind the closed door. She paid no attention to the lit-up lock screen of her phone, a long message sent from Izzy, and slunk back into her covers.

     She didn't leave until the sun was at its peak the next day.

     "Alright class, I have an announcement to make," Aizawa started from the podium Monday morning.

Katsuki rested his cheek in his hand, trying to pay attention due to the green-haired boy smiling wildly behind him. That smile really pissed him off but he remained silent.

      "I'm sure you all are excited about the U.A. Sports Festival that's coming up quickly, but today's subject will be something completely different," Aizawa continued. There was a stiff silence that swept over everyone. "This may come to a surprise to many of you, but we have a new member in the U.A. faculty."

      "Excuse me, Mr. Aizawa!" A pink girl asked, raising her hand. "So the rumors of a new nurse is true?"

      Izuku almost jumped at his classmate's question, which annoyed Katsuki even more.

     "I hope she's real thick~" a perverted boy muttered but was quickly shushed by the students surrounding him.

     The tired pro sighed after staring at the boy for a good minute. "Yes, the rumors are true. However, I'd like her to explain everything herself." There was a pause, then Aizawa looked towards the classroom door. "You can come in now."

      Clad in a white dress with a black bodice, black gloves reaching to her shoulders, and black boots with heels, Sachi strode into the classroom with her chin held high. Her choker and bracelets were decorated with lace and her body adorned a utility belt, a bag strapped to her right thigh, and a high-tech device clung to her left forearm, almost like a watch. Her hair was messy, red-dyed strands streaked her blonde hair tied into a high ponytail, and black dust covered the upper half of her face. The most striking feature was the white armband embroidered with the Red Cross.

     She stopped in front of Class 1-A, straight and proper. "Good morning, Class 1-A!" she greeted cheerfully, loud and clear. She folded her hands together in front of her thick, layered skirt and bowed. When she rose back, her red eyes shone brightly in contrast to the black dust.

      "My name is Cherry Bomb, U.A.'s assistant nurse-in-training, as well the First-Year Hero Course's Private Nurse. I'm looking forward to having an exciting year with you all!"