05 | Family Discord

The girl jumped at the sudden outburst, the room's door flew open, revealing her mother.

Mitsuki was panting at the threshold, a jacket was lazily thrown on and she appeared to be relieved; she ran into the room, despite the doctors and nurses pleading her to stop, and hugged her daughter tightly.

Katsuki came in moments after her, sporting nothing but a navy blue T-shirt and sweatpants; his expression was almost neutral.

Masaru followed up behind him in a white button-up and light grey pants (remnants of his work attire) and he looked incredibly relieved.

Sachi wheezed in her mother's grasp and the blonde girl felt warm on the inside, aside from all the aching. Mitsuki gave a last squeeze before pulling away.

"Oh, thank god you're somewhat alright!" Mitsuki stumbled over her words, peppering Sachi's disheveled head of spiky hair with a dozen kisses. As the other two walked further into the room, Mitsuki gently inspected Sachi and her small, injured body.

Sachi had a pained look. A wad of red cotton was stuffed up her nose, her arms were cradling her ribs where two ice packs were wrapped on either side, and her shirt laid bloodied and unworn on her lap.

Mitsuki thought of the worst but quickly shook her head. "Let's go home! We'll have pork cutlets for dinner! You'll be healed up in no time, I promise!" Sachi simply nodded and stared at her mother.

Behind her mother, her father was about to protest about not asking the doctors about his child's current condition, but Mitsuki ignored her husband. After confirmation from the leading doctor an hour later, Sachi was able to go home with her family.

As the Bakugous we're leaving the hospital, a small crowd of paparazzi was being held on the sidewalk. Once they saw the Bakugou family emerge from the glass doors, they were yelling and flashing their cameras. The family made haste towards the car parked a little ways away from the hospital's entrance; Mitsuki quickly slid into the back seat with her daughter and the other two took their places in the front seats. Katsuki slid an inappropriate gesture towards the paparazzi before climbing in. In a flash, Masaru maneuvered the car out of the parking lot and began to drive home.

A few moments into the car ride, Sachi felt her phone vibrate in her back pocket. She reached behind her, her numb hand padded around for her mobile, but she couldn't feel anything. Confused, she checked for her cell and saw it sitting snug in her shorts. She sighed, slowly tugging out the device and took a look at her filled lock screen.

Messages and voicemails from both Izuku and Present Mic blocked her entire wallpaper. Some of the texts were "Are you okay?" or "Are you in the Hospital?", and others were website links. She'd tap them, but her actions were met with the same result. A black screen. Of course, her phone would timeout after her mummified fingers wouldn't get registered. She sighed, giving up after her third try. She'd have to open them all once the bandages come off.

For a full twenty minutes after the car started, Mitsuki was ranting on about how happy-yet-worried she was and she complained about how her husband would flinch at every blast Sachi made. She also snapped at Katsuki's unnecessary opinions whenever he spoke up. Sachi leaned against the car door, looking out the window while hugging her cold sides, numb, and aching.

Mitsuki changed her rant to how some of the kids in the café were being disrespectful, and Katsuki had tuned out his mother after a short while, placing his head on the cold passenger window, arms folded and red eyes fixed in a glare like always.