30 | The Unwanted Visitor

Later that same day, the pair of best friends settled down from their competitive streak.

They've played a variety of games like arm wrestling, charades, and who could flick a paper football the furthest. The latter Izuku won with ease, using his quirk to launch the stiff paper triangle across the room like a rocket. Sachi, however, accidentally set one on fire and it exploded in mid-air in a pathetic show of color. Now, Sachi and Izuku worked together in preparation for their night of relaxing, chilling on the couch in nothing but pajamas and a million topics to talk about, maybe watch a movie or two.

Izuku poured chips into a large bowl, Sachi cooked a couple of bags of buttered popcorn, and a steaming kettle sat on the stove for hot chocolate. The young blonde threw a few kernels at the green-haired boy while she was at it, and it took Izuku a solid ten minutes to realize that he had popcorn stuck in his hair. In the middle of them preparing, Inko retired for the night after giving them a knowing smile. Then, the two of them rejoiced when the last bag of popcorn finished, and the two rounded the couch with their snacks and beverages in hand.

"When did you download Silver Hound?" Sachi wondered aloud, cozying up in her corner of the sofa in an oversized white T-shirt, black shorts, and a blanket strewn over her legs. She sipped on her mug as she watched Izuku flip through the files on his hard drive.

"I downloaded it when it came on sale," he explained simply, tapping a button on the remote and the movie's introduction played on the T.V.

The movie went by quicker than they expected, but the excitement from that fateful day at the theatres was resurrected, and they shared a hushed cheer when the movie ended with the main protagonist returning to his family and friends with the insane antagonist behind bars. Afterward, Izuku chose a comforting playlist of music and their night of chatting began.

"What do you think will happen over the summer?" Izuku inquired curiously, taking a handful of popcorn and looked at Sachi expectantly. Sachi bit her lip in thought, holding her empty mug and hummed.

"I don't know. Why are you so interested?" she mused, glancing up at her freckled friend.

He tucked in his chin and looked away. "No reason."

Sachi quirked a brow skeptically. "You want to try and get the upper hand, huh? See if I knew anything about the summer and have a headstart?"

"N-No!" Izuku shook his head. Liar.

Sachi playfully kicked her friend under the blanket. "Sure, sure. What a way to use me for information, Izzy. Hey, I got an idea! Why don't you ask your ol' pal Cherry Bomb about your final exams, or what's your next lesson in heroics gonna be about, or what'll be on your next quiz?"

"Shut up! That's not true!" Izuku defended.

"That's a load of bull and you know it!"

"...Okay, partially."

"I knew it!"

"Now wait a min–"

"Nah-ah!"

"Chi-chan–"

"Shush, broccoli boy! I caught you red-handed!"

Izuku snickered and jabbed his foot into Sachi's side. She let out an adorable squeal, then quickly slapped her hands over her mouth as Izuku forced down his laughter, his shoulders wracking from his silent giggles. Sachi placed down her empty mug on the coffee table and glared at her best friend.

"Ass," she muttered.

Izuku shrugged, a smug, confident grin growing on his face. "Yes, I do have an ass. A great one at that."