Chapter nine

A/N: Thank you all for reading!

•~*•~*•~*•~*•

"Charity." Someone shakes me.

"Charity, come on. Your going to be late." It's Seth, I figure out.

I slowly awake from my slumber, siting up and stretching.

"What time is it?" I ask, yawning.

"Almost eight." He tells me, sitting down.

"School starts at eight!" I tell him, jumping out of bed and running over to Kendall's closet.

"Yeah, so?" He asks.

I roll my eyes, "I'm going to be late! I need to get dressed and do my hair." I don't wear makeup, I think I might start, but obviously not today. Maybe just some lipstick or lipgloss.

"Your hair looks good, actually." He tells me, getting on his phone.

"Where is everyone?" I ask, pulling out a white loose shirt and shorts, the only normal thing I can find in her closet.

"They all went for coffee." He shrugs.

"And why are you here? Not to be rude." I ask, bending down to pick up a pair of short black studded boots. I pull my shirt down when I bed over. Don't want him seeing my granny panties.

"I had to wake you up, plus I don't like coffee." He shrugs again. I'm getting frustrated by his nonchalant actions.

"How do you not like coffee?" I ask, turning around and walking to her bedroom bathroom. I wish I had some coffee, I'm going to need it.

"Why do you ask so many questions?" He asks, laughing.

I shrug, mocking him, "I don't know. Why don't you?" I tease. I'm starting to like Kendall's boyfriend. He's nice.

He laughs, rolling his eyes as I walk into the bathroom. I shut the door and undress.

Yelling through the bathroom door he yells, "It's eight. It takes a half hour to get to school, so you might as well miss first period."

"Okay." I yell, there is no point anyways. My mom is going to kill me if she finds out.

I walk out, realizing the white shirt shows the bottom of my stomach. Of course, why would Kendall own one piece of normal clothing? Or is this normal?.. I don't know.

Seth looks up, then back at his phone, but all of a sudden he does a double take, looking back up at me.

"Does this look okay?" I cringe, waiting for a response. I don't like asking t best friends boyfriend that, but it's not like I have anyone else. I turn and remember the full length mirror in the bathroom, I open the door and look at my outfit. I smile, the white looks nice against my tan.

"Yeah- uh, it looks...nice." He tries to find the word.

I smile a little, "Thanks." I plug in the straightening iron I found. I have 15 minutes before we have to leave to make second period.

After about two minutes of talking and waiting for the straightening iron to heat up, I turn around and go to grab the iron, but miss and it almost falls until I catch it. I look over at Seth and his eyes widen. I look to where his gaze is and notice I am holding the straightening iron by the hot part. Shit.

I hurry up and drop it onto the table top, acting like I am hurt. I never got hurt, so it's hard. I grab my hand, looking down at it. Even though I don't feel pain, it still leaves a mark. As I suspected, a red blistered mark runs over all four of my fingers.

Seth runs over to me and grabs my wrist, pulling my arm over so he sees it. I just watch him and I forget to act like it hurts.

"Doesn't it hurt?" He asks.

I sigh, I don't know what to say. I just sit there and stutter. He needs to know now.

"Seth?... Can you keep a secret?" I ask, pulling my hand back.

"Uh, yeah, I can." He looks down at me.

"I don't...I don't feel pain. Like anything. At all." I tell him, biting my bottom lip.

"You don't?..." He asks, not believing. He laughs, sarcastically.

"Do you want proof?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"Sure, why not." He laughs more.

"Fine." I get up and grab the iron, pressing it to my hand, that isn't burnt already. Great. Now I have nasty burns on both my hands.

He laughs, "Give it to me."

I listen to him and hand him the iron. He takes his finger to it and pulls away after a few seconds.

"Oh my god...holy shit." He smiles big, finally believing. I think he is happy I decided to trust him.

I laugh a little, "Don't tell anyone. I'm begging you, please."

•~*•~*•~*•
We get to school at third period, not second like we planed, because he wanted to see me do stupid things like put my hand on a hot stove burner, place a small cut on my finger and step on a broken bowl which he has to buy a new one for Kendall.

"Seth? Charity? Why are you two late?" Mrs. Smith asks calmly, writing on a piece of paper.

"My car broke down, so charity was nice enough to come and get me for school." Seth lies. I hate lying. I can't do it, my voice gets high.

"That was nice of you kendall. We had to call your mom and tell her about your absence though." She says, not even looking at me.

"What? She is going to kill me!" I worry.

She finally looks up, "she doesn't know?"

"No...I-I spent the night at a friends house." I stammer, my voice gets high and I clear my throat to cover it up.

She is going to kill me. She is going to ground me and never let me to a friends house again. But I don't care. I'm tired of everything she puts me through. I will sneak out of I have to. I just have to make it through that long speech I'm going to get when I'm home.