Chapter five

"Beep, beep, beep." Goes the annoying alarm clock.

Smacking my nightstand over and over to find the button to turn it off. I get out of bed and pad over to my dresser. I grab my brush and start to brush my long brown hair. Looking into the mirror, I noticed how young I look. My bright hazel eyes against my dark black-brown hair, is such contrast. I have always loved my long hair, not the color.

I change into a black loose skirt that goes down to my knees and a sky blue blouse. It is an outfit my mother would hate. "You chest is out to much. Guys will you use you for that." She would tell me, I can hear her voice in my head already. But I ignore it. I just bought these clothes, I hope she will let me wear them.

I slip on black flats and walks downstairs to eat breakfast. I am sixteen so I will be driving, I just hope I don't get lost. Like I almost did yesterday on my way to the mall to get clothes.

"That skirt shows way to much leg, charity!" My mom tells me, as she sets down my breakfast in front of me.

"I just got it." I tell her. I hate my name, when she calls me it, it remind me of me basically giving everyone a charity.

"Well, you need to change." She tells me.

I get up and grab my book bag, walking to the door. "I'm going to me late, I need to go." Anything else but spending ten minutes on finding an outfit.

"At least eat your breakfast." She demands.

"Yes, mama." I sit for a second and shovel some eggs into my mouth. "I really need to be going now."

"Finish your drink." She tells me and I do.

"Bye, love you." I walk out the door.

"Ahem." She speaks.

"Bye Harold!" I yell and jump into my car.

"Thank you." I hear her mumble.

•~~~•***•~~~•***•~~~•***•~~~•

When I get to school, I get out of my car. I'm glad it's a Thursday, I don't think I can last all week. A group of boys and girls laugh at me and walk beside me, into the school. I smile politely at them which earns me more giggles. I wonder what the fuss is all about, I go to the bathroom to check if there is or was anything on my face or if my hair was messed up, but I look normal.

Rolling my eyes, I walk to my locker and try to open it. At my old school, we had a lock and key, not a combination. I get frustrated and start to bite my nails, a habit I have yet to get rid of.

"Need help?" A girl asks.

I turn to her and smile, "Yes, please."

She smiles and takes the piece of paper from my hand that said my code. I smile at her and watch her put in the code professionally. She is quite beautiful. She has dark brown eyes and brown hair to match it. She is almost as tall as me, but I'm tall for my age, I have long legs.

"I'm Kendall." She smiled at me.

"I'm Charity." I hold my hand out.

She looks at it like I was going to slap her, but slowly shakes it anyways. "Do you except me to buy that?" She giggles.

"Buy what?" I frown. This is how I always act. I hope they don't judge at this school, but I'm guessing already that they all do.

"You acting all polite and professional." She teases, flipping her hair behind her shoulder. She wears a black loose crop top, and high waisted red shorts. Black ankle boots protect her feel and jet black eyeliner line her eyes.

"I'm not acting." I tell her. I'm not lying.

"So, you're a snob?" She asks, not a hint of joke in her eyes. She seems completely seriously and I don't know how to answer that.

I don't know what to do, so I shrug.

She smiles, "Come on. I'll help you fit in a little. Just follow my lead."

I follow her to my first class and hope to god I'm not in the wrong crowd.