Chapter 27 - Buying Friends with Free Enemies

**********************************************************************************************

Chapter 27 - Buying Friends with Free Enemies

When I opened my eyes the next time, my body was stiff and sore in the most awkward positions. My neck seemed to have sprained while I grouched in pain trying to move it. I tried moving but someone’s arms kept me stiffly in pain. Weakly, I tried pushing down to see it was Hamilton holding me in place.

A huge grin replaced his face, as he looked up at me with eyes wide open. I momentarily gasped at our positions and how we had slept in twined with each other all through the night.

“Good Morning Sunshine” looked at me and said with softness in his eyes. Slowly he bent down to place a chaste kiss on my forehead. I was vaguely thankful that he hadn’t tried to kiss me on my lips right now, considering how it might have been smelling. But soon my thoughts were brought back to his actions and words. If I had thought I gasped before, I didn’t know how many liters of air I would have sucked in now. I recalled those moments, when things between us were very different.

BAM. 

 I was jerked awake by the very loud sound of someone banging their hand onto the coffee table right in front of me. I had spent the night rather uncomfortably on the couch since I wasn't allowed to leave to my own room to sleep. My body was stiff so it took a while for me to be able to move. I swung my legs off the couch and sat up. Hamilton was standing above me, looking like an angry Greek God.  

 "Get up. I don't have all day." He snapped at me and then stormed out to the balcony, slamming the glass door shut behind him so roughly that it shuddered. I sighed.

 I had always imagined that the man I would ultimately call my husband would be someone who was kind, caring and woke me up in the morning with little kisses. He would say something cheesy, like "Good morning, sunshine!" and then kiss me on my cheek. Instead, I was stuck with a total opposite -he slapped the table and practically jolted me out of my sleep!

I looked up into his eyes, with horror and surprised filled in mine. I didn’t know what had changed along the way, where I had lost my hatred for him, where it was replaced with something different, something beautiful. I had never in my wildest dreams imagined that Hamilton would be this way! I had never thought that I would be lying down on top of him feeling the things I was feeling, while he looked at me and said Good morning Sunshine?

He wasn’t supposed to be saying this! He was supposed to be all mean and big and good for nothing. Not this caring and sweet person. I could no longer hold him at bay. He was already too deep into me.

My mothers words came back resonating in my ears, ‘Trust your heart dear, have courage to risk it and only then would you find way to something extraordinary. Don’t let your fear hold something beautiful at bay’

Was I really holding something beautiful behind just because I was too scared? Did I really lack the courage to risk something? My mothers words like always had been a puzzle, no one knew why she said them or what they really meant, but I knew from past experiences that at some point in our lives her words always made sense.

“Are you ok?” he looked down at me now worries for I had been staring at him for the past few minutes.