Chapter 24 - Unwanted Pleasure

This is a RESTRICTED chapter. For obvious reasons :*]

**************************************************************************************

Chapter 24 – Unwanted Pleasure

After I managed to move my hand from my face. I stood there gaping at him like an idiot, not so surprising. He stood there gaping at me, very surprising. I thought Hamilton was the sort you could never catch off- guard, but I guess I was wrong. My horrid make over had caught him very much off guard.

I simply wanted the earth between us to open up and gobble me up entirely.

Everyone who had walked past us to go to the elevator would have probably thought both of us were idiots. Slowly Hamilton closed his mouth and swallowed. Without a word he moved passed me, gesturing me to follow him. So much for all the torture!

Until this moment I wasn't even aware that I wanted to please Hamilton with my makeover. Had I realized this before, I would have denied it, removed the clothes and dressed plainly, but it was only now that I realized how important his approval was to me. His rude reaction had really hurt me.

Eventually we reached the limousine that was waiting for us at the entrance. Hamilton opened the door, as I struggled with my heels on the uneven floor, taking the foot forward expecting Hamilton to keep the door open for me. But to my utter humiliation, he opened the door got in him and pulled it shut behind me.

I stood there once again, looking like an idiot staring at the closed car door. I didn't know why it hurt so much, it shouldn't. I remember once mom had told me about expectations, and how they can bring you down. Thinking about it, it must have been my expectation that made me feel so hurt. I didn't know how to cure it. Tears threatened to appear in my eyes, as seconds trickled by and I looked at the door.

I became angrier with myself for being so affected by him, feeling ridiculous that I felt like crying just because he didn't approve of how I looked?

For moments there I wanted to turn back and walk back home, but after a second thought on that I knew that wasn't an option. Walking with heavy steps, I walked over to the other side of the car, opened the door and shifted in. I was glad that the chauffer hadn't seen this event, or he too would have laughed at my face.

Sitting in eerie silence in the car, I told myself that I would not cry. I would not cry over something so absurd. In my mind, I counted slowly to ten. Had I not been so upset from within, I would have found this silence awkward. I would have seen that Hamilton who sat on the other side of the seat looked stiff and lost. But I was too upset.

For moments his stiffness did not lessen, he looked more and more lost. By every passing second I felt more and more low. I just wanted to go back home and get out of this lousy costume!

It was only when the limousine jerked hard sending me tumbling down and him shift through his seat that he came back in reality. He looked at me, still astounded but shaking his head, having some movement in his body.

Eventually we settled back and he stammered  "You l..look..." I didn't know whether to laugh at the fact that Hamilton had finally stammer or laugh at myself that the person to make him stammer was me and my god damn make over! "Different..."

And that just did it, tears began dwelling up in my eyes, and that very moment I turned to look outside the window. I would not allow him to see how he affected me, still hated feeling like this. I felt a sudden anger towards Sophie. Yes she was sweet, and she did her job, but I had told her to stop, told her it was too much, but she wouldn't listen to me. Look what were the consequences of that.