Back to normal

Chapter Nineteen: Back to Normal.

I didn't know vampires could get tired, but I was. I think everything that happened over the last couple days finally sunk in, even though things were pretty much back to normal, I still couldn't get the feeling out of my head of how close I was to losing my entire family. Renesmee still had nightmares of the "bad people" and Ej didn't stop crying. I hadn't spent time with Edward -alone- since I was pregnant. And due to Leah and Jacob being round all the time, my house stank of werewolf.

Don't get me wrong though, I loved my children-I don't know what I'd do without them. But, sometimes I wished they could just sleep more during the night.

It was 11:00pm and everyone but Edward and I-obviously- was asleep. We had finally got Ej settled so he was asleep. Renesmee and Ella went to bed fine.

"The quiet is nice" Edward said. We were on our bed. Since we had put the children to bed we hadn't really spoken.

"I know" I said back.

"It hasn't been quiet in a while"

"I miss it, I miss us." I admitted.

He pulled me up into his lap, but so I was facing him.

"What do you mean?"

"I haven't been with you. Just you, I don't regret the children, I don't regret anything at all. But, I just miss me and you" I said whilst looking down.

"Bella, how long have you felt like this?" He asked, his eyes looked concerned.

"Since I was pregnant. Remember, that time when you came home from taking Renesmee to la push and when you came home I convinced you that you wouldn't hurt me or the twins if we pushed your boundaries?" I said. I know if I was still human I would've blushed.

"Yes?"

"That's why I wanted you so badly; I just wanted time with you. Just you, I hadn't had that in a while"

"Bella" He said pulling my head up to meet his eyes "Tell me. If you ever feel like this, just tell me."

I nodded.

"How about tomorrow I ask Esme and Carlisle to look after Ella and Ej, and ask Jacob if Renesmee can go to La Push, and me and you can have a day together?"

I nodded at him again.

"Sounds nice, but we also have some time together now..." I trailed off.

He got the idea and he rolled on top of me and started kissing me. Just as he went down to undo the buttons on my shirt, we heard a loud cry.

I groaned.

Esme and Alice had extended the cottage abit when I was pregnant for two extra rooms. Right now there was only one in use and it was a nursery for both the twins, but as they got older one would be for Ej and one for Ella.

I walked in and both of them were crying. Usually when Ej started crying Ella woke up too.

I picked up Ej and Edward picked up Ella.

"Sshhh baby" I cooed. I checked his diaper, and that clearly wasn't the case so I took him into the kitchen and Edward followed. He got some blood that they had collected whilst hunting-we were also using this for Renesmee, we were trying to get her away from Human blood- and fed Ella. I heated up some milk. After about five minutes I heard little footsteps coming.

"Momma?" Renesmee called rubbing her eyes as she walked in.

"Nessie, what are you doing up?" Edward asked her