Renee

Previously

I looked at my cell phone and dialled my mom's number

"Hello" I heard her voice on the other side of the phone

"Hi mom, it's Bella, you wanted to talk?"

Chapter 13.

"Bella? Oh my god, Bella, I am so glad you called me, I wanted to say I am so so sorry, I am sorry for everything I said to you, and I want you to know I never really meant any of it, and that I'm gonna stick by you and be there for you and my grandchildren. I want to get to know Renesmee, and Ella and EJ" Wow, she had remembered their names; I swore I had only mentioned them once.

I didn't know what to say, as she continued rambling on with her apology, I thought about everything that had happened. I couldn't just forgive her, but I could start with speaking to her.

"Mom, stop talking a second"

"What Bella, what's wrong?"

"Mom, I know you're sorry, and I understand if you want to see your grandkids, I really do, but you didn't just hurt me, you hurt Renesmee too. She knows Esme and Carlisle and she knows Charlie, and she wants to know you too mom. She's too young to understand why you were mad at me and why you weren't coming back, you know it's sort of impossible to tell a one year old child that their grandmother won't see them because she thought that her mom made a mistake in having her."

No one, not even Edward, knew Renesmee had been affected by this. Nessie came to me that night and I blocked her with my shield as she told me she thought it was her fault and how she really wanted Grandma Renee to come back so she could get to know her. It broke my heart to see my daughter like that. Edward looked at me shocked; he pulled me closer and hugged me.

My mom spoke again

"Bella, I am so sorry, I never knew it would affect her so much, I want to know her too. Please give me that chance, I'll come to Forks in a few days and we can try to fix things up, Please Bella."

"Mom, if you really want you can come to Forks, but I don't know if I can just forgive and forget, it'll take time"

"I know Bella, but I need to see you, I need to make this OK. I have to go now I'll see you in a few days, I'll call you the day before I leave."

"Okay mom, if you want we could get you from the airport, we wouldn't mind"

"Bella, would you? Thank you, I'll see you soon, I love you."

"Bye mom"

I hung up and looked at Edward.

"Did I do the right thing?"

"Yes, love you did. Well I think you did anyway, you need your mom right now"

"I know, but she hurt me, I keep thinking I shouldn't let her back in so quick"

"Bella, you need your mom, she doesn't expect you to be so welcoming and lovely like nothing happened, but she wants to try and make things better"

I sighed

"Yeah, I guess"

4 DAYS LATER.

"Bella, calm down, it'll be fine," Edward, told me for the hundredth time.

We were on our way to go pick up my mom from the airport and I was freaking out.

Renesmee was sat in the back seat and I sat with her. I still needed her to calm me down. Edward had insisted I sit in the front, but I wouldn't move.

"I know Edward, but that doesn't stop me from being scared, man where's Jasper when you need him?"

We turned into the airport and Edward parked up, I got Renesmee out the seat and carried her with me, Edward gave me a look as if to say I shouldn't be holding her, but I ignored him.

We walked inside the airport and waited for my mom.

"Edward what time was her flight supposed to land"

"Now, she's coming through the gate."

I looked up to see Renee walking towards us, just as I saw her, she saw me.

"Bella" She shouted and she ran over to hug me, Renesmee jumped down and Edward picked her up.

"Hey mom" I said, and I smiled. I missed her, no matter what had happened.

"Hey sweetie, I missed you" She looked at Edward

"Edward, I want to say sorry to the way I acted, and I didn't mean to hurt your family"

"Renee, please, lets just forget this, and start fresh"

My mom sighed but nodded.

We made our way to the car and I sat in the back again with Renesmee. Renee got in the front and Edward got in the drivers seat.

I spent most of the ride home talking to Renesmee, my mom spoke to Edward a couple times, but the rest of the journey was silent.

We pulled up outside our little cottage, and my mom's mouth opened

"Is this your house?"

I smiled

"Yes, thanks to Alice and Esme"

My mom smiled and we got inside our house.

It was now lunch time and we made Renesmee and my mom some food.

Before me and my mom could talk, I let Renesmee have a little nap because I could see she was tired.

Edward took her into her room and I stayed with my mom.

"Bella, look I am really sorry. I didn't mean what I said, and I want to be able to know Renesmee and the twins please Bella, I don't know what I'd do if I lost you"

"Mom, I know you're sorry, and yes I want you to know my children, so I'm willing to let you"

She smiled at me and hugged me

"Bella, thank you. You won't regret it."

"Careful mom" I told her as she was hugging me rather tight

"Opps sorry" She pulled away "When are they due anyway"

"3 months to go now" I smiled patting my stomach

"Bella, do you want to go shopping with me, we can buy some things with them and catch up, we could go to port Angeles tomorrow?"

"Yeah sure mom that would be gre-"My sentence was cut short with a crying sound I heard.

I ran into Renesmee's room just as Edward was getting there-he had stayed out of the living room to give me and Renee some privacy- and she was thrashing around on her bed-she unfortunately got her bad nightmares from my human side.

"Renesmee, baby wake up, I'm here sweetie" I shook her gently and she opened her eyes

"Momma, Momma, I had a bad dream, the bad people came and took you, daddy and the babies away from me, I don't want you to go away mommy" She was still crying as she hugged me

I stiffened and so did Edward. I knew exactly who she meant when she said "the bad people".

"Sweetie, mommy and daddy are here, we aren't going anywhere, and I promise you that we'll always be here, and we won't let anybody hurt you and your brother and sister are here, see." I grabbed her hand and placed it on my stomach, when one of the twins kicked as if on cue.

She smiled and sniffed

"Mommy, can I come with you, I don't want to go back to sleep again"

"Sure sweetie, come here" I opened my arms but she shook her head.

"Daddy" she told me, "I want a hug from daddy"

I laughed and as Edward picked her up, and hugged her. As we went to walk back into the living room, I saw my mom stood in the doorway.

"Bella, you're an amazing mom, trust me" She smiled at me and I smiled back

Maybe me and my mom would be okay after all.