Ella and Ej

Chapter Fourteen

3 months later.

Everything was going well with me and Renée she had stayed with us for one month but I could see she missed Phil so I told her to go home and I'd phone her when the babies were born.

I was due in three days, and I wanted nothing more than to get these babies out of me.

One morning I woke up to find nothing but a note next to me

Bella,

I have just gone for a quick hunt. I shouldn't be much longer and I have my cell phone if you need me.

I love you.

I got up and went down stairs to start breakfast, and I heard a tiny patter of feet walking into the kitchen.

"Morning mommy" Renesmee sang.

"Morning honey, why so happy?"

"Good dream" she said as she started eating the toast I had given her, I was happy to see she was eating more human food recently.

"What was it ab-" I suddenly stopped as I felt something in my stomach.

"Mommy, what's wrong are you okay" Renesmee asked me as I felt something go down my leg

I didn't respond to her I just stood there holding my stomach

"Mommy, mommy can you hear me? Are you okay?"

"Sweetie, I'm fine. But the babies are coming, can you get my cell phone for me it's in the living room"

She ran to get my phone when I went to sit down.

I pulled out one of our kitchen chairs and sat down as Renesmee ran back in with cell phone.

"Sweetie, I'm going to call daddy, but I want you to speak to him for me please"

she nodded as I dialled Edwards number and handed her the phone

Edward answered the phone and Renesmee started talking

"No daddy, it's Nessie"

"Mommy's fine, but the babies are coming and I don't know what to do"

"Okay, see you soon daddy, love you"

She hung up the phone and looked at me

"Daddy said he'll be here in a minute and that he's going to call grandpa"

She sat down next to me and patted my stomach, very softly.

"Hey babies, be good for mommy and don't come out until daddy gets here" she bent down and kissed my stomach before the door flew open and Edward, Alice and Carlisle came running in.

Edward got to me first and then Carlisle and then Alice who took Renesmee away; I doubted she wanted to see this.

"Bella, love are you alright" He asked as he kissed my forehead

"I'm fin-" I stopped again as a pain ran through my stomach "Arghhhhhhhhh"

"What's wrong Bella?"

"My stomach" I managed to get out

Carlisle told me that I was ready to deliver and would most likely not make it to the hospital or even the Cullen house, so I started pushing, screaming things at Edward the entire time like "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT" and "I'M NEVER LETTING YOU TOUCH ME AGAIN"

It was when I heard that first little cry is when all the pain just seemed to disappear.

And another few pain filed moments later another cry filled the air.

Carlisle got them cleaned of and he handed me Ella and Edward Ej.

Ella was beautiful, her eyes were open and they were a sparkling dark green color. I bent down and kissed her head.

"Hello beautiful" I whispered to her.

I looked over at Edward who was holding our son. Our little boy.

"Hey, little man" I heard him say "Welcome to the world son"

I felt tears start to run down my face as Edward looked at me.

"He's perfect, he looks just like you, except he has my hair, but everything else about him is you"

I smiled

"Well, this one is like a female version of you, she has green eyes"

Edward walked over to me

"Wanna trade?"

I gave him Ella as he gave me Ej. He looked straight at her and gasped

"Those eyes, I haven't seen those eyes in almost ninety years" He whispered

I looked down at my son, my beautiful baby boy. He had my eyes, the shapes of our faces were the same but he had Edwards's hair. That beautiful bronze hair.

We went into the living room, after Carlisle had checked they were okay. We dressed them and wrapped them up in some blankets just as Carlisle was leaving.

About an hour later, Renesmee walked into the door with Alice.

"Omgosh Bella, can I see them please pleas please?" she begged

"Alice, do you mind if we call you later, I'd like Renesmee to see them on her own first, just our little family" Edward asked her

She nodded, although she looked sad

"Yeah sure, we'll all come back later"

Renesmee stood by the door not moving

"C'mon sweetie, come see your baby brother and sister" Edward told her

She didn't move

"Renesmee, what's wrong?" I asked her

"I don't know what to do" She admitted looking down

"Just come and see them, you'll know what to do when you hold them, its fine"

She walked over to me and sat on the sofa next to me and looked at the little baby girl in my arms.

"Ella" she whispered

She looked up at me

"Mommy, can I hold her"

I nodded and she moved to sit in a more comfortable position

I gave her Ella and looked down at her

"Hey Ella, it's your big sister. I love you already and I'm going to dress you up in lots of clothes and we can have tea parties and play with dolls and we'll have so much fun" She said as she bent down to kiss her forehead.

At 8pm after Renesmee had seen both her brother and sister, they had all eaten (Well the twins had a drink -the blood I was drinking when I was pregnant was clearly all Ella, Ej wouldn't go near it and he settled for milk-) Ella yawned and her eyes closed. I picked her up and walked her to our room; we had two cribs set up in our bedroom to keep an eye on them. I put Ella in hers and Edward did the same for Ej. The second Edward set Ej down he started crying, so Edward picked him up again and he stopped. This happened about six times before he went to sleep. We went and put Renesmee to bed too. And we walked back to our room.

We lay down on our bed and I looked at Edward

"When do you think my vampire side will come back to me?"

"I don't know, maybe in a few days, once you're body has recovered"

I nodded and yawned, cuddling into Edward so I could sleep.

Just as I was almost out, Ej cried again.

We both groaned. This was going to be a long night.