Chapter 6 - Johnathon

My heart was thumping so hard, I couldn’t breathe. My stomach did somersaults as he slowly kissed my neck, running his tongue softly along my jawline. Each touch sent shivers up my spine. This is how it is meant to be I thought. This is how Evie explained it.

“Are you okay?” Johnathon asked. “I’m not moving too fast am I?”

“Not at all,” I replied, silently begging him to carry on, pulling him towards me so I could feel his heart thumping against my bosom. He pulled me down to the blanket laid on the floor. He sat there gazing into my eyes.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” he asked, a crease forming across his brow. He looked worried, the crease making him look older than his years.

“I’m positive. Please stop worrying,” I breathed, trying to stop my voice from quivering. I was nervous but excited all at the same time. I was actually looking forward to this.

He started to kiss me again, even slower this time and time itself seemed to stand still. I lifted my hands and placed them around his neck, twisting my fingers through his hair, pulling him closer to me as my heart came close to jumping out of my chest.

He started unbuttoning my dress, kissing me where every button had been. This was perfect.

This was how I wanted it to be all the time.

He helped me out of my dress and undergarments as I undid the buttons on his shirt. Kissing him where every button had been. It had never been like this before so I wasn’t sure what I was doing exactly, but continued. His breathing became faster and heavier as I reached for his trousers. I undid the buttons and pulled them off of him and he then quickly removed his underwear.

“Lay down Esme,” he purred, his breathing faster still.

I did as he asked. He wasn’t being aggresive, he was being loving.

He placed himself on top of me, his elbows taking most of the weight, staring into my eyes with such care, such warmth.

“I love you Esme,” he whispered, then he kissed me with such passion I was sure my heart stopped beating for a second. I didn’t feel him enter me because he did it with such care, kissing me the whole time.

“I love you too,” I replied, and I meant it. This is what life should be like.

We moved in unison for what seemed like an eternity. Nothing else mattered. Once we had finished he held me, playing with my hair, twisting it around his finger and stroking my cheek. He gazed into my eyes, nuzzling into my neck, breathing in my scent.

And for now I only had eyes for him, my love, my Johnathon.

I woke with a start, sweating. I couldn’t believe it, it had seemed so real. I knew at that moment that I couldn’t risk seeing Johnathon again. He knew where my sanctuary was. I would have to stay away for a while. Hopefully he would get the message. I couldn’t risk Charles ever finding out. I would miss my special place. But this is how it had to be!

Esme xx