Chapter-1: Our 'Almost'

His lifeless eyes stared into the mirror. Hands working lazily on his hair, sighing for the hundredth time today he looked into the mirror but his eyes trained on his shoes.

He couldn't dare to look at himself in the mirror, he was scared to see the person who would look right back at him.
                                ___________________

2 Weeks before

"They are a perfect fit. The childhood friends have finally decided to take it to a next level."

"Kim Hei-ran and Mark Tuan are the definition of a 'whirlwind romance'."

"Mark Tuan has announced his engagement to Kim Hei-ran after reports emerged that he proposed while the couple were in Seoul."

Tired Jb scrolled through his phone when he saw Hei's picture.

Yes, Kim Hei-ran and Mark finally  announced their
engagement date.

He immediately sat straight

Hei-ran and Mark have been friends for years and the dating rumors surrounding them for months has finally ended in a happy ending.

Jb clenched his jaw

Mark Tuan through his Instagram confirmed our theory and we are more than excited to attend this engagement.

He clenched his fists and threw his phone on his bed, placing his head on his hands he screamed.

Screamed so hard that it made a panicked Jinyoung almost trip when he entered his room.

"I've to talk to her" he said breathlessly; these days he always felt breathless.

"I won't stop you"

With a little push he finally decided to meet Hei, he tried to call her but she wouldn't pick up and going to her place was not an option. He could kill Mark if he saw him.

She had gone for a run, something that she did daily. So he decided to wait until. He wasn't ready to accept this fate.

Pacing back and forth he managed to form an apology in the back of his head but when he actually saw her his words came out broken.

He took a step towards her but she stopped him. His eyes landing on the beautiful diamond ring on his finger.

"Leave, Jb, please" her words firm but her voice distant and cold although he couldn't take his eyes off the ring.

He squeezed his eyes shut to prevent tears from flowing still leaving wet trails down his cheeks.
"We need to talk about this, please." He begs.