Prisoner

Summer passed by long and dreadful. Lucius grew angrier and more abusive. My birthday had just passed and I was officially thirteen. However, Lucius insisted that I didn't receive any gifts this year. Somehow though, Narcissa had managed to sneak me a beautiful diamond necklace. The necklace held a longer green diamond, with a silver chain. She claimed it used to be my grandmothers.

Draco hadn't said much to me this entire summer. He had gained a few more inches taller then me. He always was taller, but now he was growing faster. His hair was less greasy and he had began to grow it out. He was growing up. As was I, my hair was getting longer and I grew a few inches but not many. I was mostly locked up in my room. I didn't write to anyone either, but I did see Lucius burn a few letters addressed to me from some friends. This summer wasn't an entire disappointment, I had practiced my gift a little. I would sneak out of the mansion at night and practice in the forest. I could do a lot now, I had even learned how to bring back a butterfly to life. I didn't think Necromancy was actually do able until I tried it. The trick was to sing a song that had meaning to what you were trying to do.

But other than that I didn't do much over the summer, since Dobby had left me the Manor was even more dark then usual. Lucius had already went out and bought supplies for the upcoming year with Draco. They left me however to deal with packing my bags by myself. I was exhausted I collapsed on bed and closed my eyes. I felt the familiar soft fur of Phantom crawl on top of my stomach. He wasn't a little kitten anymore. He wasn't an adult either, but he wasn't as tiny as he was when I first got him when I was eleven.

Draco and I would be returning back to Hogwarts tomorrow. I couldn't tell if I was scared or not. I wanted to see everyone, but I knew Lucius would be keeping a close eye on me. I would have to learn how to distance myself from my friends. As I laid on my bed looking up at the ceiling. Draco suddenly walked in.

"Father wishes to speak to you." He stated without any emotion. He stood in the doorway looking at the ground. I sat up and stared at him.

"What is your problem!" I hissed jumping up from the bed and marching over towards him. He didn't move once, he still watched the ground.

"I don't know what you mean." He glared looking up.

"Liar, you have been avoiding me all summer. Is it Lucius? Did he tell you to?" I snapped. I was fed up with the silence, everyone was being distant. I couldn't take it anymore. I was losing my mind. I grabbed his shirt and pulled him in the room.

"Now, you will tell me why you are being so difficult." I ordered. He fell on the bed and looked up towards the door looking for an escape. Without speaking or moving I shut the door causing him to jump.

"Why am I difficult? Why are you the one running off with our enemies? It was supposed to be me and you. But no you had to choose Potter over me!" Draco spat glaring at me.

"I didn't choose anyone! I just don't understand why I am not allowed to have friends?" I yelled out frustrated grabbing my curly hair and pulling on the ends.

"You have me!" Draco yelled standing up from the bed.

"Please, I haven't had you all summer!" I screamed glaring at him. Draco's glare immediately vanished and his anger was replaced with a blank expression.

"Isabella-" he started.

"What? Are you going to say you're sorry? Because I've sat up here all summer crying. I spent my birthday alone with no one. Do you understand how that feels?" I yelled in anger. I turned around and walked out of the room. Making sure to slam the door behind me. I walked down stairs to the Dinning Room, where I knew Lucius would be waiting. Of course, I was right. He sat at the end of the long table waiting for me. I sat in the closest chair besides him.

"You wished to see me." I quietly addressed. All of the anger from earlier vanishing from my aura.

"Yes, I believe that your exile has lasted long enough. But if you so much as misbehave, we will be taking a visit to Azkaban." Lucius threatened. I simply nodded my head, still looking down. I was scared, he basically was saying if I didn't act like Draco I would have to meet with my mother. I could not let that happen. I knew not to act happy around Lucius either. I knew this before he was angry.

"But, there are something's I still wish to go over with you. I don't know if you are aware but a man named Sirius Black has recently escaped from Azkaban." Lucius stated with a frown. My head immediately shot up. Lucius had slammed a wanted poster of a man who looked crazed screaming. Of course the poster was betwitched and looked as if it was a video or alive, the man held a sign with his prison number. He had long dark curly hair with a short dark beard. He looked mad, as if he had been through something unspeakably evil. Askaban was the prison my mother was at, it was impossible to break out of no one had ever done it. Well, until now.

"We are to believe he might come after you-" I cut him off before he could even finish talking.

"Me? Why? I don't even know him." I stated in confusion. I had never even heard of him or anyone with the name Black.

"If you had let me finish, I would have gotten there." Lucius spat with a deadly glare.

"Sorry." I mumbled looking down at my feet uncomfortably.

"It is no secret your mother likes to brag about you. I believe she liked to brag about you so much, she even exposed your gift to a few inmates. One being Black. He is going to come after you. He is dangerous, as well as crazy. He will tell you lies, do not believe a word he tells you." Lucius explained with a deadly serious tone looking me straight in the eyes.

"What do you want me to do if he finds me?" I asked in confusion.

"I give you permission to kill Sirius Black if he approaches you."