Heartbreak

"The Yule Ball has been tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since the beginning. On Christmas Eve night, we and are to gather in the Great Hall for a night of who knows what you delinquents will do.  As representatives of the host school, you will behave." Professor Snape explained with distaste walking in the center of the room. He had the boys and girls separated on both sides. All of the girls gasped in excitement. I rolled my eyes and leaned back in my seat. I was going to avoid this, probably sit up in my dorm with Phantom all night reading. The boys on the other hand all complained and moaned in annoyance.

"Silence! Yes, I don't wish to be there as much as you. But we must go. As is required." He sneered walking around the room.

"Alright, that's all I have to say. Don't forget, because you will be punished if you are not present." Snape threatened looking towards me. I sighed rolling my eyes. We were all dismissed and allowed to leave.

I was growing very irritated, I hadn't received anything from Sirius. I was beyond frustrated, I thought he would have wanted to check on me. Since I was family and all. I was walking through the halls of the school fuming about my current predicament. When I entered my dorm I saw none of my roommates were there. Probably out bullying girls for dresses. I sighed and walked over to bed. There laid Phantom all curled up, along with my mail. A bunch of letters along with a large box sat on the bed. I ran to the letters and examined them I had three. One was from the Malfoy's, and two were unaddressed. I opened the first, it had the nicer hand writing.

Dear my beloved Isabella,

I just wish to say I am so very proud of you and everything you've done. I have been updated about everything that has happened in the previous months. And I wish to give you my condolences, for killing every moral you own. I know this is a difficult time for you, but I know you can do this! You are strong and are protecting thousands of innocent lives. Including those who you hold dearest to. I am sorry you haven't heard from me much lately, I have been preoccupied. But I promise I will do everything in my power to communicate with you. Write to me with any information you have received, or even go through Dumbledore. He will always know what to do. I love you dearly, my strong beauty niece.

Sincerely,
Uncle Sirius

I almost began to tear up at the message I had received from Sirius. I knew he hadn't forgotten about me. I was just worried. I picked up the second mysterious unaddressed letter.

Center of Great Hall during supper.

I was beyond confused as to who left me this. It could have been by accident or a prank. It was getting very close to that time. I was more curious then anything, I made my way out of the dorm towards the Great Hall. The Great Hall was packed with hungry students. I looked around the room to see no one out of He ordinary. I made my way towards the Slytherin table and sat down besides Draco, Pansy, Crabbe, and Goyle.

"Where have you been?" Pansy asked with an uninterested tone. I rolled my eyes and sat down across from her.

"In our room." I stated. Once everyone began eating I forgot all about the letter from my bed.

"Bella?" Somebody asked from behind me. I spun around to see non other then Neville. He was the only one standing. The whole room grew quiet as all attention was on us, I wasn't liking where this was going.

"I-I was wondering if y-you w-wa-want-ed to go to the Yule Ball?" Nevillle asked stuttering as he looked down in embarrassment. My heart went out to him, I would have gladly went. If things were different. I stood up and began to laugh obnoxiously, along with the entire slytherin table.

"You want me to go to the dance with you? You're disgusting, I would never go anywhere with you. I can't believe you actually thought you were even worthy to speak to me, let alone take me to a dance. Get out of my face, you are unworthy to be a pureblood." I mocked spinning on him and slapping him in the face with my hair. I turned around  and faced my group of 'friends' the entire table of Slytherin children laughed and mocked Neville as he silently sulked his way back to his seat.

"You evil witch. What happened to you!" The familiar voice of Hermione Granger hissed from behind me causing me to spin around.

"I was just being honest. I don't believe in sugar-coating." I stated innocently fluttering my lashes.

"You are a monster! You're worse then him!" Hermione sneered pointing at Draco as he leaned back and smirked up at her.

"No mudbloods allowed." Draco called out causing her to stomp away. I spun back around and faced my group of friends.

"Well, that was dramatic." I laughed.

"Yeah, did you see the look on that fat losers face. He was about to cry." Pansy laughed.

After supper I went back to my dorm. Once in my room I realized I had forgotten to open the gifts from the Malfoy's. I jumped on the bed and picked up the letter.

Dear Isabella,

We are well aware of what is coming up in the next few days. I made it my mission to pick out the perfect design for you. We miss you and Draco so much. As we want you both to have an amazing night! I hope you enjoy everything!

Sincerely,
Narcissa Malfoy

I opened the box to reveal a long elegant dark green ball dress. It had small straps that you wore on your shoulders. It had almost flowery like objects on the top half of the dress leading to the waist. Once at the waist it flowed out into a silky dark green dress. There were a few designs leading down the dress. It was overall beautiful. It came with a pair of black heels. Looks like I had to go to the dance now.