Hogwarts Express

After hours of school shopping we made our way back to London. I had only visited the muggle world a few times throughout my life. I looked around me in awe. The muggles were so interesting. I was dressed in a pair of jeans and a simple tee shirt with converse on. The four of us made our way to the train station, called Kings Cross. Lucius handed Draco and I our tickets. The two of us placed all our belongings on a cart. I had to leave Phantom in the cage, muggle rules.

"Where exactly is platform nine and three quarters?" Draco asked in confusion looking at the the signs. I was curious as well, all the platforms were of whole numbers.

"We're here." Lucious stated emotionless,  ignoring Draco's question. We had stopped in front of a brick wall. There was a sign that had a number nine and on the other side of the wall a ten.

"What's here? All I see is a brick wall!" Draco snapped pointing at the wall in annoyance. Lucius smacked the back of his head and glared at his son. Draco shrunk down, and dropped his head.

"Watch your manners, boy. We are in public." Lucius silently demanded. Draco nodded his head.

"Now You will each run towards the brick wall. It'll lead you to the train." Lucius explained.

"I'm not going first, what if I hit my head." Draco addressed in fear. I rolled my eyes and walked forward.

"I'll go first!" I offered smiling at Lucious.

"At least one of you isn't a coward." Lucius scowled at Draco. I readied myself towards the wall, I didn't wanna miss it completely. I moved the cart back and forth to see if the wheels would get stuck. Didn't want the cart to stop and I fly over and hit the wall.

"1....2....3" I whispered to myself before running straight through the wall. I hadn't realized my eyes were shut until I heard The sounds of children talking around me. I opened my eyes to see hundreds of kids my age all the way up to eighteen. Everyone was saying goodbye to their loved ones. The children around my age were more distraught then the older ones. It looked so unorganized, children were hugging, some were crying. While others were greeting others they hadn't seen in months.

Children began boarding the train. I turned around to see a petrified Draco staring at me. I guess he had just went through the wall. I laughed at how scared he was, he glared back at me playfully.

"Okay, children do you have all of your belongs?" Narcissa asked like a nervous mother. I didn't blame her I was equally as nervous.

"Yes, I think we're fine. Thank you." I smiled happily. While Draco looked like he was about to cry. That was the difference between us, I was more independent. While Draco relied on his mother for everything. Lucius just sat quietly behind Narcissa while she checked us over one last time. She looked like she was about to cry, probably more for Draco then myself.

"I love you two very much! I want you to write to me at least once a week." Narcissa instructed. We said goodbye and watched as the two walked away.

"You ready?" I sighed, realizing I was probably going to be the replacement for Narcissa while we were at school. A man came and picked up our bags while we boarded the train.

Children were everywhere climbing over each, other trying to sit with their friends. It was madness. Draco and I were handed our robes by a lady and quickly changed into them. I sat in the bathroom a little longer then Draco had. I shoved my hand in my pocket to retrieve a crumpled piece of paper. The spell. I unfolded it and stared at myself in the mirror. I touched my curls one last time. I closed my eyes for a second then opened them to read the spell. I read the spell as carefully as possible. As soon as I said the last word I closed my eyes scared to look at what I had done.

Finally gaining the courage I opened my eyes and gasped. My hair was stick straight, I half expected it to look bad. But it was actually extremely pretty. It was still thick, which was a positive. I brushed out my hair and exited the bathroom.

"What the bloody hell did you do to your hair!" Draco gasped when I approached him. His eyes were wide in shock, and mouth gapped. He ran his finger through my hair then looked at me.

"Do you like it?" I asked smiling, Draco gulped before pulling his hand back. He smiled at me, as he usually does when we were alone.

"I like it, but are your curls gone forever?" He asked with slight disappointment.

"No they can come back, it only last a few hours." I explained.

"That's great." He laughed and began walking towards the carts where we could sit.

"Isabella, we're sitting over here." Draco insisted grabbing my hand then dragging me into a empty cart. A women came up to us with a trolley that seemed to have candy on it at once.

"Excuse me ma'am, but do you have anymore candy?" Draco asked with a snappy tone. I swore that boy never knew how to act around people.

"Sorry lad, a new year boy just bought everything off the trolley." She apologized before rolling  away. Draco huffed in annoyance. 

"Hi, um do mind if we sit here?" A
boy asked from the doorway. There stood two guys clearly the same age as us.

"Fine." Draco huffed rolling his eyes. One of the boys sat next to Draco while the other sat close to me.

"Hey! I know you, you're Draco Malfoy! Son of Lucius Malfoy!" The boy next to me gasped. Draco suddenly sat straighter and more confident.

"Indeed." He smirked, I rolled my eyes. Yeah but every time he got close to him he would flinch. I smirked to myself in satisfaction for that thought.

"And who are you?" The boy sitting next to Draco asked with an attitude. I was half tempted to throw him out of the window. Just as I was about to reply Draco beat me to it.

"Bella Lee. She's a close family friend. Aren't we, Bella?" He smirked bloody well knowing I hated being called Bella.

"Hi Bella, I'm Goyle." The boy next to me smirked and moved closer to me. I moved closer to the window as possible.

"And I'm Crabbe!" The other smiled shaking Draco's hand. I looked at Draco pleading with my eyes to help me, but he didn't understand.

Suddenly a bunch of children started screeching in the other carts. I jumped up away from Goyle. I walked out the cart and looked out to see children standing high off the ground while crying.  Suddenly out of nowhere something jumped in the pocket of my robe. The children stopped yelling and stared at me. I put my hand in my pocket and felt something slimy. I squinted my nose in disgust wondering would possible foul thing could have scared everyone so bad. When I retracted my hand I was met with a toad. I laughed realizing this is what scared everyone.

"Trevor! Thank you, I can't believe you've found him!" I looked up to see a short boy with shaggy brown hair and messed up teeth. He had a a Scottish accent. I handed him the toad and smiled.

"Trevor?" I asked in curiosity, who names a toad Trevor.

"Yeah, I've always liked the name. So why not?" The boy smiled.

"Hi, I'm Bella Les- Lee." I corrected myself, it would take a while for me to get used to that name. I offered my hand for him to shake.

"I'm Neville Longbottom." He smiled, accepting my hand shake. His name sounded familiar, but I couldn't remember why it did.  Neville and I sat down together and talked the entire ride to Hogwarts. I had completely abandoned Draco, but I would find him later. He had clearly made new friends, so he could let me as well. Talking to Neville beat getting cornered by a chubby kiss up.

I learned that Neville was actually a really sweet guy. He had lived with his grandmother his entire life. His parents were in a accident when he was younger. They still were alive, just not the same. We talked about each other's interest and favorite things. I was happy, I hadn't even gotten to Hogwarts yet but I had already made a friend.