Tasks

Weeks had passed and I hadn't seen Lukas. I was sad, but I wouldn't let anyone know that. I realized that Draco was right, Lukas wasn't right for me. He would never have lasted in our world. I didn't even know if he was a pureblood. As for Draco, I wasn't mad at him. We were still best friends. I was still as mean as ever though. The second task of the Triwizard Tournament was coming up.

This time the challenge was taking place in the sea. I sat next to Draco in the audience seats. I wasn't feeling very good, my head was hurting. I cringed in pain as children cheered for their victors.

"Welcome to the second task. Last night, something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion. Now lie on the bottom of the Black Lake. In order to win, each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough, except this: they will have but one hour to do so. And only one hour. After that, they'll be on their own. No magic will save them. You may begin at the sound of the canon."

Dumbledore announced. I watched as the three seventeen year olds dove into the water. Then Professor Moody had to push Harry in. Unlike the other task we couldn't see what was happening.

"The Beauxbatons champion, Miss Delacour has unfortunately been forced to retire. So she will take no further part in this task." Dumbledore stated. Causing everyone to boo. As the clock ticked counting down to the hour. Cedric appeared out of the water with a girl I had known to be named Cho Chang. She was a Ravenclaw girl. Then Victor Krum with Hermione? That surprised me. Everyone cheered for the two champions still Harry had not shown his face.

"He probably died down there." I laughed.

"Hopefully." Draco laughed agreeing with me.

I watched as Ron and a little girl I had never seen before surfaced from the water. The two began to cough as the clock struck signaling the end of the hour. I gasped as Harry shot out of the water landing on the dock closest to Draco and I. I looked down to see the boy in a fit of coughs. Everyone cheered as Dumbledore tried to talk over everyone.

"Attention!" Dumbledore ordered holding his wand to his throat.

"The winner is, Mr. Diggory. Who showed innate command of the bubble-head charm. However, seeing Mr. Potter would have finished first for it had been his determination to rescue not only Mr. Weasley but the others as well. We've agreed to award him second place!" Dumbledore cheered. I looked over to Draco to see him scowling at Harry. A little first year boy began to cheer from besides him. The child held a pair of binoculars, I watched as Draco snatched them from his hands and watched in anger as his enemy was praised.

"I can't stand to watch this." I hissed spinning on my heels and marching out of there. It wasn't because of Harry, I honestly didn't care. It was mostly because my head was hurting. I could feel the boys following from behind me.

"My head hurts. I'm going to go take a nap." I stated turning towards Draco and frowning as I massaged my head.

"Okay. Don't do anything stupid." Draco warned looking me up and down as if he didn't believe me. I nodded my head and walked towards my room. I fell asleep and didn't wake up till the next day. My head was still pounding, I had no idea what was wrong with me.

The third tasks was tomorrow and I was actually excited. Because that meant that the school year was almost over. I was exhausted, this so far had been my hardest year academically and socially.

"Isabella." I heard someone hiss from a classroom off to my side. I spun around to see no one there. I looked around the hall to see students walking along minding their own business. The door to the class was open, I slowly walked closer and pushed the door open a little further to peak in. It was empty, I walked all the way in and looked around. Just as I was preparing to walk out. I yelped as Professor Moody came into view, he had been standing behind me.