Chapter 23

Bella's POV

For some strange reason, I wake up at 7:30 am. It's wayyy earlier than my usual but then again nothing is normal right now. Christina and Lisa are still asleep so I get out of the bed, grab my phone and lay on the other bed.

I check twitter and then decide to text Kath.

Me: Hey Katherine, you awake yet?

Kath: Of course. But better question, why are you awake this early?

Me: Not a clue. Christina and Lisa are still sleeping.

Kath: How is Meg doing?

Me: Kinda alright I guess. She isn't healing very well...

Kath: I'm sorry, sweetie. How are you doing?

Me: Fine

Kath: Seriously... you're not fine.

Me: Well Chrissy and Lise have been helping and I saw my best guy friend yesterday so I guess I'm better than I could be. Idk what to say

Kath: Okay... well I hope things get better and that you three come home soon because I miss you all!! Be safe and stay strong

Me: Thanks Kath, I will. I'll ttyl

I decide to scroll on Instagram while I wait for the others to wake up.

Finally Lisa wakes up and she walks over to my bed.

Leaning, she whispers in my ear, "Let's sing Fancy really loud to wake Christina up!"

I stifle a laugh and both of us grinning we sing.

I'm so fancy

You already know

I'm in the fast lane

From LA to Tokyo

I'm so fancy

Can't you taste this gold

Remember my name

'Bout to blowwwww

Christina wakes up in the middle and stares straight at us.

"I am so gonna get back at you two for this!"

All it takes is for me to look at Lisa and we both fall onto the floor laughing.

"You weenies better watch your backs!" she threatens and we laugh even harder.

"So worth it," I whisper to Lisa.

We decide to dress nicely today and I put on a black skirt and a flowery tank top. Christina wears a super pretty blue dress and Lisa puts on a leopard print dress. We all do our hair and makeup, pushing each other around in the bathroom. Finally, we're ready.

Lisa suggests going to Starbucks for breakfast and we agree. Coffee is always good in the mornings. After getting our caffeine fix, we head to the hospital. I'm about to walk into the room when a doctor stops me.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Torres, may I ask who you are?" she asks.

"My name's Bella, Bella Carter. I'm Meg's best friend."

"Well," she hesitates and my heart sinks, it's probably bad news, "Meg's leg got severely infected and we had to amputate it last night." I feel lightheaded. She continues.

"However, Meg barely made it off the table. She is not doing good and I'm sorry to have to tell you this but I'd prepare yourself for the worst."

I stand there in complete shock. Her words don't register in my mind.