Chapter 19

Dani's POV

I surprisingly was the first to wake up in the morning and decided to use that to my advantage.

"PILLOW FIGHT!" I scream and hit Lauren with my pillow. She wakes up screaming and grabs her pillow as well. I get Katherine while she gets Amy. After that we all get Bella, Lisa and Christina. We finally all flop down on our backs laughing really hard.

"Who started this wake up by pillow death thing that just happened?" Christina asks in a serious tone.

"Uh.. me," I say slowly. She then gets up and slams me with her pillow.

"Hey!!" I say trying to be serious but I end up laughing instead. Lisa and Amy are laughing so hard they're clutching their sides.

Christina, Katherine, and Lisa get up to go make breakfast. Amy and Lauren grab some blankets and take them inside while Bella curls back up in hers and closes her eyes. I sit down next to her.

"This was an amazing idea Bella," I tell her truthfully, "Thanks for inviting all of us."

She opens her eyes, "You're welcome. We should really do it again sometime."

"Yeah definitely!" I say and she smiles.

I decide now's a good time to talk to her. "Listen... about the other day, I should never have let my jealousy overtake me like that. I said a lot of stuff I'm not proud of and should never have said and I'm truly sorry for that." I take a deep breath, realizing I forgot to breathe while I was apologizing.

"Thanks Dani. I shouldn't have said or done the stuff I did either. Life can just get confusing sometimes. If there's one thing I've learned though, it's that everyone's going to hurt you, you gotta figure out who's worth forgiving and who isn't. As for you, well of course I accept your apology."

Those words make me smile and I pull Bella into a hug. Then I grab her hand and yank her into the kitchen.

"Hey everyone Bella and I are good now!" I announce and everyone cheers. We eat pancakes, I put nutella on mine of course!

Lauren's POV

It's a beautifully warm afternoon and I feel like walking to Starbucks. Dani'a grounded so I ask Lisa and Bella if they want to come. Both instantly agree.

We walk, talking amicably. Entering Starbucks, I order a Caramel Frapp, Lisa orders a Passion Tango Iced Tea Lemonade and Bella orders a Mocha Frapp. We pay then sit down.

Suddenly Bella tenses up. Lisa and I follow her gaze to a girl around our age who just walked into the somewhat small coffee shop.

"Who is that?" Lisa asks.

"Can we go?" is how Bella chooses to respond. I exchange a glance with my sister and then we respond sure.

As we walk on the sidewalk with her drinks Lisa repeats her question.

"That's an ex best friend of mine. We were super close for years then she decided she was too cool for me and got all my friends to turn on me. I spent the last few months of grade 7 alone and friendless. I had to play on a few sports teams with her after that and it sucked. I really hope she's not here for long," Bella explains.

"I'm sorry," I tell her, "That sounds horrible!"

"It was," Bella responds.

We get back to the house where Dani announces that it's pizza and movie night! Yay!

Alex orders pizza while the rest of us decide on movies. We end up choosing Frozen, The Hunger Games, and Catching Fire.

The younger boys fall asleep near the end of Frozen. Joey's sleeping on Bella's lap, Nick is on Lisa, and Christian's head is on Katherine's shoulder.

The movie ends and Bella says, "I'm going to carry Joe upstairs, wait before you start the next movie!"

She picks Joey up as though he weighs nothing and carries him up. Mike and Alex pick up our other two little brothers and carry them up. Bella gets downstairs and plops back on the couch next to Christina and I.

"You make carrying Joey seem so easy!" Dani exclaims. The rest of us nod agreeing.

Bella shrugs. "I might be really skinny but I love running and lifting weights."

"I wish I could enjoy lifting weights. My arm muscles could use some strength," I say.

"Chicken arms!" Lisa teases.

"Oh shut up," I tell her laughing and playfully slap her arm. Everyone laughs.

Christina's POV

Two movies later I shut off the TV and look around. Alex and Mike get up and go to their room, Lauren and Dani are leaning on each other sleeping, Lisa's laying on Katherine's lap who is also sleeping. Amy is half asleep on the recliner. I look to my right and am met with blue eyes, Bella's.

"Guess we should wake them up," she says.

"Yeah although they look so cute all sleeping," I say.

Bella smiles, "True." Then she gets up and nudges Amy awake, I do the same to Lisa and Katherine. They all trudge upstairs. We then look at Lauren and Dani. I rub Laur's shoulder and she wakes up and walks upstairs, not looking back.

Meanwhile, Bella tries to wake Dani up.

"Carry me," she groans. Bella looks at me and shrugs her shoulders. I look at her and mouth, "Are you sure?"

She nods and I watch as Bella scoops my little sister up and slowly walks up the stairs. I can see her struggle at times but she's definitely strong and also being super nice. I'm glad her and Dani made up.

After placing Dani in bed and both of us seeing everyone else asleep, we go into our room and snuggle into our beds, Bella getting in next to Kath. I can't sleep though, I keep thinking about everyone. Close to 2 am, I hear movement. I roll over and watch as Bella grabs a blanket and walks out of the room. I wonder where she went.

Half an hour later and no return of Bella, I start to get worried. I get up, checking all the bedrooms but she is nowhere to be found. Making my way downstairs, I see the sliding door to our yard unlocked. I peer out.

Bella's outside laying on the trampoline staring at the stars. I smile then quietly open the door then close it behind me. I get to the opening of the trampoline.

"Whatcha doing out here this late?" I whisper. Her body shoots upright and she looks at me, relaxing when she realizes who I am.

"Oh it's you Christina," Bella smiles, "I couldn't sleep so I came out here and have just been thinking and enjoying the peacefulness."

"Can I join you?" I ask. She pats the trampoline and I get up on it, laying down next to her.

"California is so much different than Seattle," Bella states, "So much warmer and beautiful. Plus not near as much rain!" I laugh.

"True but it can get really hot," I say.

"Better than freezing your butt off." She has a good point.

She lays still for a few minutes then turns to me. "I'm so glad to have met you and your sisters Chrissy. Things still may not be the easiest but I don't think I would have made it this far without you 6, especially you."

I'm touched and I say so.

"I love you baby girl and no matter what happens, we're always gonna help each other through it all," I add.

"I love you too Christina. You're definitely the big sister I never got biologically."

We hug and then lay on our backs. I pull part of her blanket overtop of me as she finds my hand and squeezes it. I squeeze back and slowly we both fall asleep under the stars.