Chapter 24

Lisa's POV

We leave Bella with Jake, figuring we can trust them and we get on the bus.

"Did you ever think for a second that Bella could own the field like that? Man, she is good," I ask my older sister.

"I had no idea. She always seems to surprise us with more about her," Christina responds.

"So true. Hey, what do you want to do when we get back to the hotel?"

Christina thinks for a few moments then says, "I think we should call Mom and tell her what happened and ask if she can book us on a flight."

"Okay," I say and nod. I really do miss my family and especially my other sisters.

We get back, sit on the bed together and Christina pulls out her phone. She sets it on speaker and she calls Mom.

"Hello?" Mom answers.

"Hi Mom," we chorus.

"Girls! How are things in Seattle?"

I gulp. Christina takes a deep breath then responds to the question.

"Um, Mom... Bella's best friend Meg died today. She was still in the room when it happened."

"My gosh! How is she doing? How are you two doing?"

"We're fine. As for Bella well she's doing better than I thought at least. We're letting her hang out with her best guy friend because we met him yesterday and he really seems to know her. I figured he might be able to help some," Christina explains.

"Okay, I trust your judgment. I'll go and book you three a return flight for tomorrow, I'll text you the details Christina."

"Thanks Mom," she says.

"I'll see all of you tomorrow and I'll inform the family of what happened."

"Sounds good. Byeee!" we say then hang up.

Bella's POV

We end up going to some restaurant famous for milkshakes and he orders for me, getting exactly what I wanted. I miss how he can read my mind. I grin at him and he grins back.

"You're easy to read," he says joking and I playfully slap him on the shoulder. He looks at me with a mock hurt face and I kiss his cheek.

"All better?" He nods and we burst out laughing.

We take our milkshakes and fries and go to a table at the back where there's no one else.

"Bella..." he starts.

"Yeah?"

"I forgot how much I love you and miss you until I saw you yesterday. Now I can't get my mind off of you."

"I love you too and I've been missing you like crazy," I respond, closing my eyes so that hopefully I won't cry. I take a sip of my milkshake but then tears start to fall. Jake moves to thw seat next to me and wraps his arms around me. I cry into his shoulder, his cologne smells amazing I notice.

"Meg's gone and now I have to go back to Malibu soon and that means leaving you and I don't know what to do. Why is life so hard?!"

"I don't know," he whispers, "We can text and skype all the time though. I know it's not the same but it's something. Plus you have the Cimorelli's!"

"True," I say.

"I'm actually really curious about all of them," he says. I then dig out my phone and show him a picture of the boys first.