Chapter 10

Lisa's POV

I don't know what happened to her but I can tell it's definitely not good.

I hug her tight as she sobs violently.

Slowly, I lead her into my house and sit down on my sofa. She sits next to me still crying into my shoulder.

I decide not to speak, to just let her cry it out. It'll be easier to talk to her once she's done crying.

Christina's POV

Only Lisa and I are home right now but suddenly I hear loud crying.

Thinking it's Lisa, I run as fast as I can to the living room.

"Lisa, what's wrong?" I ask.

Then I see Bella in her arms.

"Oh," I say quietly, "What's going on?"

Lisa shrugs her shoulders but looks extremely worried. Bella seems to have gotten close to Lisa but I want to help too. She seems far from okay.

Bella's cries slow to just a few tears. She looks up at our worried glances.

"My mom kicked me out. I'm homeless," she simply says with tears falling.

Woah, that's so far from right. What kind of parent would do that to their kid?! I can tell Lisa's heart is breaking for her just as mine is.

I stroke her cheek but she quickly moves away.

"Ow," she says.

"What?" I ask then notice how red her one cheek is compared to the other.

Lisa sits up real straight and looks Bella in the eyes.

"Did she hit you again?!"

I'm freaking out. Lisa knew that Bella's mom hurts her yet didn't tell me or anyone else??

Bella shakes her head and I breathe a sigh of relief.

"No she didn't hit me... but she slapped me a few times."

Those words felt like a punch in my stomach. Lisa looks about the same.

This is so so messed up.

"Bella," I whisper.

She looks up at me with her beautiful but sad blue eyes questioningly.

"I am so sorry sweetie. But we're gonna get you through this. You can stay here. When everyone else gets back I'll ask mom and dad to make sure but I'm sure you can. You are not alone!" I tell her.

"You don't have to do that," Bella says, "Maybe things just aren't meant to be for me."

Lisa's eyes open wide as she realizes what it means. My heart is pounding.

"No. Things are going to change for the better now. You can live with us and we can help you be happy again," Lisa tells her.

"I have to go to the washroom," Bella says as she gets up and runs upstairs, ignoring the fact that we have a washroom downstairs too.

Lisa and I exchange a worried glance.

"Mom and Dad are going to let her stay right? We have to let her stay in a safe place, she's only 16!!" Lisa asks me with a few tears slipping.

I'm trying to be strong for both of them, I can't cry too.

"I'm sure they will once we explain the situation Lisa. But how long have you known about her home life? You should've told someone."

"Only since yesterday Chrissy, I was gonna talk to her today and say I couldn't keep it to myself."

"Okay," I nod. She's only known since yesterday so I can't get mad at her. I understand the position she was placed in.

I then realize it's been 15 minutes and Bella's still upstairs. I tell Lisa and we both run as fast as possible up the stairs.

Bella's POV

Lisa and Christina seem so heartbroken after what I told them. But I don't want to be a burden. I don't want to be here anymore. I hate the pain and hurt that I'm constantly feeling.

I tell them I'm going to the bathroom and I do. I find a blade and run it over my hips. Everything feels okay again.

I realize it's been awhile and I clean up, putting away the blade. I'm just about to find bandaids to put on my cuts when I hear knocking on the door.

"Bella, are you alright?" a very worried Lisa asks.

"I'm fine girls," I say.

"Then open the door," Christina says.

"Just one minute!"

I quickly throw a few bandaids on and open the door. They look at me and I just shrug my shoulders hoping they just let things be. They do thank goodness.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Cristina asks.

"Actually," I look at Lisa as I say, "Can I use the music room and sing some?"

Christina looks at Lisa as to say why is she looking at you.

"Sure," Lisa tells me.

I walk down there and they follow. Christina looks so confused.

"After dinner the other day I found Bella in here singing and we harmonized. She's super talented," Lisa explains.

"Ohhhh," Christina nods.

I sit down at the piano and take one last glance at the two sisters before I lose myself in the music.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone(:

So as promised, here's a chapter today. I plan on writing at least one more tonight for you all too. I decided to use several POVs in this chapter and you will be seeing some of a few of the other girls shortly too. Any guesses as to what song Bella is going to sing?

Love you all xox

~Courtney