Chapter 16

Amy's POV

It's a little past 3 am when my phone vibrates next to me. I look and see that it's my best friend Sydney. I answer it, wondering why she's phoning me this late.

"Hey Syd," I whisper into my phone.

"Amy..." I hear her crying real hard. I'm getting scared about what's going on.

"I'm going to sneak downstairs so I can talk, alright? Hold on one second." I quietly go down the bunk ladder and slip out the door. I head downstairs and sit on my couch.

"Okay, what's going on Syd?" I ask softly.

"I h-hate myself and I hate my life!" she cries into the phone. My heart pounds... where is she going with this?!

"Sydney, are you safe?" I hear no response, just sobbing.

"Sydney!!!" I almost scream. Bella steps into the living room just then. She probably heard me get up and followed.

"Give me your phone and go get Christina," she mouths to me. I nod and hand her the phone.

"Sydney, my name is Bella. I've been staying with the Cimorelli's," Bella introduces herself.

"Listen, I know things are really really hard for you right now. I've been in the same spot as you several times before. Please tell me... have you hurt yourself already?"

I don't hear what Syd says but she obviously told Bella something.

"Shh it's going to be okay. Do you have a towel near you? Good. Put it on them and hold it."

Meanwhile, I run upstairs and shake Christina awake. She looks at me and sees the fear in my eyes.

"Sydney's not okay. She's hurt herself but I don't know how bad. Bella's talking to her on the phone, she seems to know what to say. Can you drive us to her place?"

Christina has a sad look and hugs me nodding. We walk downstairs and listen to Bella's conversation.

"You do? Okay. Can you do something for me? Okay now I want you to take the entire bottle and put it on your kitchen counter and then walk back to your room. I'm going to keep talking to you while you do that, okay?"

I feel nautious and dizzy especially after I heard the word "bottle." Christina motions for Bella to come with and she walks out to the car with us, still talking to Syd.

"Listen, Amy and I are on our way. We're going to get you through this, okay? I promise you we will help you. You aren't alone," Bella gently tells Syd. I can hear Sydney crying loudly. I feel my hear breaking yet at the same time I feel nothing. I don't know what to do.

We get to her house and I knock on the door. She answers it and I hug her real tight. Bella and Christina usher us to her room where Bella removes the towel from her wrist to see it. I gasp when I see it, it's pretty big. Bella looks at Christina and she just nods grimly and leaves. I don't know why.

I hug her and let her cry while Bella keeps her talking. Bella's so calm... I don't get how.

Then Christina opens the bedroom door and in walks 2 paramedics. Sydney tenses up and stares at Bella.

"I THOUGHT I COULD TRUST YOU!!" she screams.

"You can. Your cuts are too large sweetie, you could lose too much blood without stitches. I got you help. I told you we were going to get you through this and I promise we will," Bella tells her softly.

The paramedics take her out on a stretcher and put her in the ambulance. Christina, Bella and I get in the car. As soon as we sit down I burst into tears.