Chapter 27

Bella's POV

Katherine asked me to go to her special spot on the beach with her and Christina and of course I accepted. I love the beach.

I figured it was just to hang out, maybe tan some but I watch as they exchange glances every so often, probably thinking I don't notice. Is there another reason why they're taking me there alone? Whatever, I'll find out soon enough.

"It's over there," Katherine says and points. It looks really pretty, there's a tree right at the sand and no one around.

"I'll race ya," I yell as I take off running. They start running too but I'm too fast for them and get there first, collapsing onto the sand. They sit down next to me, panting and I grin at them. Katherine shakes her head.

"You're too fast," she says.

"Maybe you're just too slow," I retort. We laugh a little then I see the two of them exchange another glance.

"Okay, what's going on? You two are acting kinda weird," I ask, confronting them.

"We're worried about you Bella," Katherine starts.

"You haven't been sleeping or eating much," Christina says.

"You told her?!" I scream at Katherine. I see a guilty look spread across her face.

"I'm sorry but I'm really worried about you," she says. I realize she was just doing what she thought was right and I calm myself down. A minute or two passes until I finally respond.

"Okay... I guess I understand."

She breathes a sigh of relief.

"So first off, why haven't you been eating much?" Christina asks.

"Um, I don't know. I just never seem to be that hungry anymore."

"What have you eaten today?" she asks another question.

"Ice cream with Lauren and then my pasta at the restaurant," I respond.

"Only half," Katherine whispers under her breath but both of us hear it. I shoot her an angry glance. She sighs.

"Oh Bella, that's nowhere near enough. On our way home we will grab some food," Christina tells.

"Okay, whatever," I say.

"Stop," Katherine tells me, "Don't get mad at us. All we want to do is help you."

"I don't need help, Kath. I'm fine!!" I shout and walk towards the ocean. I sit at the edge of the sand with my feet in the water. I don't want to talk to them because if I don't want to break.

I wish they'd just leave but of course it's not that easy. They follow and sit down on either side of me. I go to stand up but Christina puts her hand on my shoulder to make sure I stay.

"Listen, we don't want you to be mad at us. You've never had it easy and the other day you lost your best friend, that's no small thing. We want to help you get through this because you're not alone, we won't let you be alone in all this," Christina says.

"Thanks but I'm fine," I insist.

Christina looks me in the eye, I meet her gaze and she has tears in her eyes. "You and I both know you're not fine baby girl."

The sadness in her voice plus her tears mixed with her saying "baby girl" sends me over the edge and tears spill down my cheeks.

Christina's POV

I finally broke her down. I hate doing it but it's for her own good. She needs to talk about stuff, not bury it inside of her.

"What's on your mind sweetie?" Katherine asks her gently.