𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺: 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎

Author's Note:
Warning: There will be a huge time skip later in this chapter. So please try to follow along, enjoy!

A few hours later...
3:15 AM

I had just woken up from a bad dream, which is something I haven't had for a while. I tossed and turned in my bed but I couldn't fall back to sleep.

So I decided to head downstairs for a late-night snack to get it off my mind.

I tiptoed past the girls as they slept in their sleeping bags, and quietly shut the door behind me.

When I got to the kitchen I saw my mother preparing a snack, she hummed to herself while doing so.

"Mom?" I said while yawning slightly.

My mother turned to me with a surprised look on her face.

"Lucy? I didn't wake you, did I?"

"No, I was just getting a snack."

"Oh, well I've prepared some sliced apples with peanut butter. Would you like some?"

"Yeah, that sounds good," I said nonchalantly.

We sat down at our small kitchen table and ate in silence.

"You can't sleep?"

"Yeah," I mumbled.

"Are you having those nightmares again?"

I just shrugged.

"I've been really worried about you honey. You don't eat, you don't sleep, you hardly speak. Is there something you're not telling me?" My mom asked with a concerned look on her face.

"Don't worry about me mom, I'm fine."

There were a few moments of silence until I heard my mom sigh.

"It's a boy, isn't it?"

I looked up at her, surprised.

"H-How did you?"

"I'm your mother, I'm supposed to know about these things." My mother said sternly.

"Tell me the truth Lucy, what's going on?"

I took a deep breath and exhaled sharply.

I told her everything, from start to finish. My mother stayed quiet the whole time.

"I'm sorry that I lied to you and Dad, but I just wanted to make you proud," I said tearfully.

"I'm disappointed that you lied to me Lucy, but now is not the time to focus on that. Tell me a little bit more about Natsu."

"Well, he's a little cocky but he can be a sweetheart. He even risked his life to save me, I'm so thankful to have someone like him in my life."

"Really?"

"Yeah, he understands me better than anyone, and he makes me feel safe. I sometimes wished that what we had between us was real." I said with a sad smile.

"But...?"

"But he broke my heart, he was only playing with my feelings for his own entertainment! I was so naive to believe that I could trust him!"

"I think there's a lot more to it than that."

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion.

"I mean you have all of the symptoms. Blushing, lack of appetite, and sleep." My mother listed out.

"Maybe it's not what you think." I began.

"Maybe it's exactly what I think."

I raised my voice, "What? That I love him!?"