𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺: 𝙵𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚎

When I finally made it home it was about three-forty. I checked my phone to see if I'd gotten any recent texts.

I saw that I had a text from Natsu that read.

Natsu:

I will pick you up at 7:00 PM sharp and not a minute late! So be ready.

"Ugh! Great, now I have to get ready."

I quickly ran up to my bedroom and stripped down my clothes before going into the shower. The hot water felt nice against my bare skin.

"I'm beginning to have second thoughts about this..." I muttered as I let the water fall on my face.

When I was finally done I turned off the water and wrapped a towel around myself. I searched through my closet looking for the perfect outfit. Finally, I found my old black and white dress, it wasn't as fancy as the dress I wore the other night, but it would have to do for now.

After I was finished I looked up at the clock and it read six-forty.

"I guess I'd better head downstairs soon."

Before I left my room I took a quick look in the mirror and uttered, "Am I really doing this? Since when have I become this reckless?"

I let out a tired sigh before I closed my bedroom door and rushed downstairs.

Surely enough my little sister Michelle was at the kitchen table working on her homework.

'Crap! How am supposed to keep this from Michelle!?' I thought to myself in a panic.

Keeping a secret like this from my parents would be easy since they get home from work late. But Michelle comes home from school at around four-What am I supposed to say if she sees me running around town?

I quickly walked past her and headed towards the door, but I was stopped by Michelle's voice.

"Hey Lucy, where are you going?"

I stopped and turned around to see my little sister staring at me in suspicion.

I cringed internally as I thought, 'I had hoped she wouldn't have noticed.'

"Wait, why aren't you at work?"

Bitting my lower lip, I quickly made up an excuse.

"I'm meeting Levy and Erza at the mall," I said, while giving Michelle the fakest smile I could muster.

"You're going to the mall this late at night? Dressed like that?"

I sweat-dropped. "Umm-Yeah."

"Why would you...? Wait, I know what's going on here." Michelle said, giving me a small grin.

I gave her a nervous look. "What do you mean Michelle?"

"You're going on a date aren't you!?" Michelle squealed.

My eyes enlarged and my face grew red. "No...W-Why would you t-think that?"

"You can't hide anything from me, big sis. I know your lying because you're getting all flustered and nervous."

"I'm not lying!" I said, trying to sound serious.

"Don't worry sis, I won't tell mom and dad. But you have to tell me everything when you get home!"

"F-Fine." I stammered, knowing it was pointless to deny it.

"Awesome! Have fun on your date, Lucy!"

"It's more of a fake date." I sighed, more to myself.