The Devil And Deafening Silence

»What a shame that the girl who once believed

                                                in fairytales and magic

                        had to be struck by reality with demons in her mind

                                     and the fear of never being loved

                                                                  K. F.

A loud silence filled the space around us.

His lips let go of mine and Luc pressed his forehead onto me as if to say 'what have I done'. Never have I been more terrified to look at someone's eyes.

»Do it again.«

»What?« I asked as he ripped away from me and masked his expression in the darkness.

»Your first wish. You must try to achieve it again.« He muttered.

»Why?«

»I do not like failures

»Is that what I am to you,« My voice slightly cracked. »a failure?«

»Your lack of success is my lack of success. And I do not fail. I win.« Ego of a king showed its presence.

Of course I cannot expect that his heart would beat the same way as mine. I don't think he even has one. He had done nothing to prove it otherwise. But I will not say it...

I will not say those three words, even if it's the death of me. I curse him and I curse my heart for betraying me.

»Fine.« I gave in. I'll play his game. And I will win.

He is nothing but a phantom only I can see.

When he finally looked at me his eyes already lost all of their humanity. And you can't reason with fire.

»Agreed.« He said curtly. »And let him kiss you like I did.«

»I will.« I said with a serious expression.

»I am glad we understand each other.«

»I understand you perfectly.«

He put his arms behind his back to achieve that posture of a dictator, and slightly flinched with his eyebrows.

»I need to ask you to leave.«

»What?« His lips parted in a silent surprise.

»I can't have you hoovering over me all the time. It's annoying.« My mind was filled with rage and all the blood in my veins was boiling with a desire to throw an iron at his stupid face, but I remained calm. I will not show my weakness to a beast. I refuse to be a girl who brakes out in tears over a kiss. I simply refuse.

Luc stepped dangerously close, embracing us in inferno, but his flames didn't scare me anymore.

»Punish me all you want, but as I distinctly remember, - at the end of the day it is you who is my servant, not I yours. You obey me if I respect your rules. And so far I did. And I want you out.« I snapped. »Now, tell me if I lied?«

»You spoke truthfully.« His position never changed, only his face slightly twitched with frustration.

»Leave.« I demanded.