The Devil And The Inferno

»He found her most beautiful

                                 not when she was all fancied up,

                             but when she wasn't. When she was

                                    lying on a carpet, her hair

                             all a mess, laughing about something

                                  that had happened years ago.

                       When she wasn't trying to impress anyone,

                        and taken down that wall she built for most

                          people. That's when he couldn't take his

                                              eyes off of her.«

                                                  Unknown

We were caught in a mist of sweet tobacco and dim light, darkness was only broken by a few lit candles. Their flames crashed into crystal glasses and illuminated the surroundings. Orange of the brick walls faintly sneaked through the shadows, revealing what reminded of a wine cellar. Instead of simple chairs and tables there were wooden booths, its cushions covered in burgundy red velvet.

At the end stood a small stage, on it two musicians playing blue and magnetic music. Cellos from which the sound came from, looked like beasts tamed under their gentle hands. Music that they created ran through their bodies, showing its presence in each twitch of a muscle, each tap of a leg, each grimace that captured their face in an emotion. They were not like those musicians that learned music the same way they learned math – logical, with no emotion – those people always watched their fingers, making sure they didn't strike the wrong note. No, these two were one of the few that closed their eyes and let the art flood their minds, echo from their skeletons and burn their insides with stardust.

And the people...well, the people looked human. They had no horns, or tails, or wings, they just looked normal. And that was the scary part. To know that there are monsters among us, and they look just like us. They walk around in their flesh suits, which fit them perfectly. With masks on their faces and lies on their tongues. That was the scary part.

As we were escorted towards our booth a few glares pierced my skin. In their eyes, there was a difference between demonic and non-demonic, in their eyes. Something hidden.

Most of them drank red or byzantium purple liquid from crystal glasses, some of them even drank green. They lighted sugar cubes, leaving them to fall in bright green as they had melted away. A young woman was lying on one of the tables, covered with nothing but a few flowers to hide her privates. A dark haired man took her hand and sunk his fangs in the wrist. I stared at the narrow stream of crimson blood that escaped his hungry lips, and our eyes accidentally met.

He ran his thumb across his lip, wiping away the blood, matching my inquisitiveness with a smirk.

Lucifer obscured my view. »Looks can kill, you know.« He murmured in my ear and pushed me into the booth.

»What is that?« I whispered, glancing towards the table with the naked lady.

»Oh,« Said Salome. »it's nyotaimori. A version of it, if you will. It's basically a Japanese tradition of eating sushi off a perfectly still, naked woman's body, only in this case,« She showed towards her. »it's actually eating, or drinking the woman's body.«