The Devil In My Phone

»Women like me do not fall gracefully,

                                   We stumble over our spines, trip over

                                our vowels, and collapse into your arms.«

                                                          M. K. Wilde

Why must men be so cruel?

Sometimes I feel like the only way to not get your heart broken is to break other hearts.

To break or to be broken. What a hypnotizing thought.

»Hello again.« Said a voice from behind.

I turned around. »Oh, hi.« I replied to the tall figure. »Where's Lena?«

»With your friend. You okay?« Miha sat down next to me.

»Yeah...« I stared at the far-away Arijan who was still surrounded by the girls, and his face said – he's enjoying it.

»I thought he was with you.« He raised an eyebrow at me.

»Mhm, well, not really.« I sighed.

»Did you two broke up?«

»Nah, we weren't even together.«

»I thought as much.«

»Excuse me?« I shot him a what-the-hell sort of look.

»No, no, I didn't mean it in a bad way,« He smiled. »it's just that usually girls cry their eyes out at times like these, or the least they fall into a jealous rage...«

»I'm not one of them.« Why wasn't I one of them? Shouldn't I care more? I mean, he was my first wish... I do feel angry, but...not hurt-angry, more like angry-angry, that guy down there disrespected me. I thought he was better than that.

»You know, not all men are the same.«

»I know. They keep getting worse.« A sarcastic grin danced across my face.

»There you are!« A high pitched voice yelled from the darkness. »Man,« Gaja stumbled over the small hill of grass. »I'm so horny that even the girls began to look attractive.« She fell on me and almost pulled Lena with her but luckily her Prince Charming caught her first.

She landed directly on my chest. »I'm so horny right now that I don't even care which Morison I hook up with.« Gaja raised her head and gave me a sarcastic wink.

»I'm not in the mood.« I rolled her off me.

She squinted her eyes at me and then she threw a deadly gaze into Arijan's direction. »What did he do?«

»Nothing...It just seems he prefers to hang out with them

She shook her head. »That boy is so stupid...« A few seconds of silence have passed and I knew exactly what's coming. The drunk rampage. »He is so stupid that if you give him a penny for his thoughts, you'll get change!«

»Oh, crap...« Said Lena and laughed at Miha.

»He's so stupid, he cooks with Old Spice! He is so dumb, he couldn't write a dialogue for a porno flick...He couldn't find the way out of the maze even if the rats helped him! Mind readers charge him half price!« Finally she took a deep breath and stood up. »In fact, if he were any more stupid, he'd have to be watered twice a week.«

Lena and I expressed our amusement by laughing and clapping.

»Thank you, thank you.« She took a bow. »Feeling better?« A smile curled her mouth.

»Mhm.« I nodded.

»I liked the other guy better, anyway.«

»You have another?« Miha raised his brow in a curious manner again.

»No-«

»Yes, she does!« Gaja cut me off.

»Is he here?«

»No, and he is not my-«

»Where is he then?« She interrupted me again.

I rolled my eyes. »He's on a, um, business trip.«

»I told you he was like a hundred...« Gaja whispered to Lena.

»He is not old!« Well, he's definitely not a hundred. More like a thousand. »I've got to go.« I picked up my growling bag.

»No...« Gaja grabbed my hand in despair.

»I, um,« I paused for a bit. »it was nice to met you Miha, and you two, you two I'll see later.«

»Are you sure you don't wanna stay some more? We can just hang out up here-«

»I'm sure, I'm actually really tired, so...«

I said my goodbyes and good nights and took a stroll down the dusty lane, looking at the reflection of the stars in the water. It reminded me of the Inbeetwen. Small, green eyes flashed from my bag like two fireflies, gazing at the water with me.

»You miss your home, don't you?« I touched Layla in a loving matter and she responded with a sad meow.

I walked up the stairs and over the Dragon bridge, stopping at the sight of two giant statue dragons. It is said that because of those two our town is called the city protected by dragons, two unusual guardians. An old man with gray hair played his violin in the cloak of the darkness. Notes escaped the strings with such delight that they could wake up the dragons themselves, and invite them to dance with the forgotten.

As I got to my bed, at last, I found myself thinking...not of the person I ought to be dwelling on, but rather of someone else...of him.

Would I prefer to be kissed by fire?

My emotions were scattered all over the place, like a million pieces of a large puzzle. And I couldn't quite put them together.

Even if I could...I mustn't.

Even if I did...I shouldn't.

Even if I would...I can't.

A light flashed from my nightstand, so I picked up the device which carried the message.

Pervert: My lady, please stop thinking about me, it is becoming rather distracting.

How does he know that?

Pervert: Not that I am not enjoying it.

Fantastic. I found myself writing the words that I would never write in daylight.

Me: When are you coming back?

It took him a few minutes to reply, as if he was thinking of a proper response.

Pervert: Oh, my presence is desired?

Me: It's just a question. Don't make a romantic novel out of it yet.

Pervert: Would you prefer horror, then?

Pervert: Or perhaps erotic fiction?

Me:Neither.

I placed the phone on my pillow, resting my eyes for a second, only to catch a glimpse of his last message through my blurry eyes of sleepiness.

Pervert: Do not worry, little Lux. I am coming home.

Author's note: Hi my lovelies, as always - any opinion on the story, perhaps a question - comment, don't be shy. Vote if you liked this chapter. And yes, our bellowed Lucifer is coming back in the next chapter ;)