The Devil And Cheap Vodka

»It is a sweltering august night and we are caught up

                             in the music of our own naked bodies.

                      It is not 1969 but I feel Woodstock in my bones

                                                         Krista K.

I stuffed myself into the smallest dress I've ever seen. It was definitely too short. It was falling down at the top because my boobs were too small and I could hardly breathe in it. And these heels, seriously what kind of a woman would were these death traps on purpose?! They hurt my feet, they hurt my toes and they hurt my back! This invention is so evil that it was most definitely made up by a man...

They say you have to suffer for beauty, but I'm really not a masochist.

Besides, men only want women to wear high heels because it curves the woman body a certain way – makes your butt look delicious – as Lena said.

And I knew that the other pain would be much worse anyway... So I did as he asked.

»How do women respect themselves, looking like this?« I asked as I admired myself in the mirror.

Gaja sighed. »Who do you think is in charge, for example – in a nudy bar, a man or the stripper?«

»A man. He's the one that gives the money.« I answered.

»Wrong. He is the one that pays for the entertainment. The poor old sap is the one that throws away hard earned money for a few minutes of naked fun. He has to work an hour for those five euros, a stripper works five minutes for  two hundred. So who is in charge, really?« She crossed her arms, satisfied.

»Okay, I'll give you that, the man is obviously the village idiot here. But still – how does she respect herself after showing her body?«

»She is in charge of her body. She dictates what she will do with it. And she is not ashamed of it. Trust me, my sister is a stripper.«

»We know.« Lena rolled her eyes.

Everybody knew Gaja's sister was an exotic dancer. Mrs. Strawberry – because of her red hair. Even my mom knew, though she called her a sinner that will most definitely burn in hell. I'm sure Lucifer would love to have someone like her around.

»I know she's in charge and all, but haven't women tried all their life not to be objectified? It's not that long time ago when women still got a slap on their ass for doing a good job. If we dress like this and parade around...«

»Okay, let me stop you right there.« Gaja interrupted me with a very angry expression on her face. »We are equal to men. We can dress whatever we like, if they can't control themselves – that's their fault. We can do whatever a man can do, and we can do it in high heels.«

»Besides, it kinda creeps me out how you sound like your mom.« Added Lena.

»Ugh, you're right.« I got shivers down my spine. »Okay, I think we're ready.« I pinned up my hair.

»I heard the word ready.« My brother's head peeked through the door. I saw his sleazy smile when he looked at Gaja. I suppose I love him, because he is my big bro and all, but...he was such a man-whore. He had a different girl almost every week. Sometimes I could hear them through our very thick walls – It was sort of fascinating actually – when my parents weren't home, he brought the loud ones, when they were home, he brought the quiet ones. Don't even get me started on what I saw once when I entered the bathroom while he was showering...not so alone.