Delayed Awakening - Chapter Two

Chapter 2

Hannah walked past the long line and out the room. She let out a breath of relief.

Pffttt... Thinks she's so high and mighty just because she can choose who to let in and reject... Oh well, it's not as though I wanted to join the choir this year. I want to do my own songs for once. Hannah thought as she walked to the music club's room.

She opened the door and was met by a group of laid back students. A girl got up.

"Hi. I'm Lisa. Do you want to join the music club?" The girl who introduced herself as Lisa asked. She looked much friendlier than the blonde girl, so Hannah thought that she should be able to trust her.

"Yeah." Hannah replied smiling. Lisa returned the smile and so did the rest of the people there seated comfortably on the couch.

"Well. You have to pass a test first." Lisa grinned mischievously while everyone else snickered and giggled. Hannah frowned.

"What sort of test?"

"Well. We ask you questions. But don't worry, if you're really interested in music, you'll pass for sure."

"Okay. I'll do it."

Lisa smiled.

"You just passed."

"I did?"

All of them laughed and Hannah realised that a joke had just been played on her. She grinned and laughed too.

"The one holding the guitar sitting at the end is Jack. The one next to him is Giles, and next to Giles is Lilly. That's Ben, and that's Maria. The one that's dozing is Jake. Welcome to the music club. There are a whole lot more of us, but we usually come at different times of the day." Lisa explained.

"What's your name and interest in music?" Jack asked Hannah. By that time, Hannah was also seated comfortably on the couch.

"My name's Hannah, and I play the piano, sing and write songs. I also listen to a damn lot of music every day." Hannah laughed at her statement as did everyone else.

"Don't we all?" Jack added laughing. When the laughter stopped Lisa started talking again.

"Well. Here you can come any day and do whatever you want as long as it is music related. Since you write songs... I suppose you'd want a soundproof room with a piano in it?" Lisa enquired.

"Yes! If I could have that, it'd be great!" Hannah exclaimed enthusiastically as her face brightened drastically. They laughed at her, and Lisa got up.

"Well come along now. I'll show you to your room." Hannah got up and was lead to a room with a piano, a chair, and a table.

"This'll be your room. How do you like it?"

"It's pretty empty, but it's good enough." Hannah grinned. She could not believe what was happening. She never knew that she would get so much freedom to do what she wanted, if she did, she would have changed to this high school faster.

Lisa laughed lightly and walked away leaving Hannah to stare at the piano. She returned with a marker, and a piece of paper attached to string.

"Here," Lisa said as she handed the things to Hannah, "Write your name on the paper. Design it however you want. Just make sure it's readable."

"Thanks." Hannah could not stop smiling. Hannah sat down by the table and got to work. She turned around to show her finished product to Lisa.

"Wow. That's great. Are you an art student or something?" Lisa asked shocked at the high standard of Hannah's design. Hannah laughed.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" They both laughed. Hannah brought it to the door and hung it on the hook. They closed the door and walked out back to the gathering area.

The main door opened and in walked the blonde girl and her crew.