"Good luck, Deku"

Izuku's POV
On one day in second year I woke up to a text from Ochako Uraraka.

🌸OUravity: Hey, Deku!!
Sent 6:59 AM

💚MightyDeku: Hey, Uraraka
Sent 7:01 AM

🌸OUravity: Soooo the school decided to organize a half back-to-school party and half "find your mate" party on Friday and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me...? As friends of course!!
Sent 7:03 AM

💚MightyDeku: Lol sure, Ura 😋
Sent 7:03

🌸OUravity: Oh yay! Cool
Sent 7:04

💚MightyDeku: So who do you think will be your mate? Iida?
Sent 7:04

🌸OUravity: Maybe... I wouldn't mind it, y'know?
Sent 7:06 AM

💚MightyDeku: Yeah cause you're best friends and all and I'm kinda like... The awkward 3rd wheel

🌸OUravity: Aww no Izu-chan. You're my best friend. But that doesn't mean I wanna deal with you for the rest of my life lol
Sent 7:09 AM

💚MightyDeku: Yeah... I wouldn't want to either..
Sent 7:10 AM

🌸OUravity: Ughh Deku I didn't mean it the way you think I meant it! I meant that I love you as my best friend and I never want any of that to change. Just like between me and Iida-kun.
Sent 7:11 AM

💚MightyDeku: Me neither! So when we get married to our mates we'll be like the godparents of each others children and we'll grow old as best friends, and stay together forever. Cause that's how best friends are supposed to be. Best friends forever. Not like him. He was my best friend then he just stopped and I don't want it to be like that for us I want us to stay best friends forever and ever and ever, Ura!
Sent 7:14 AM

🌸OUravity: Whoaaa Deku calm down I'll never leave you!!
Sent 7:14 AM

💚MightyDeku: He said that too..
Sent 7:15 AM

🌸OUravity: Who's "he", Deku??
Sent 7:16 AM

💚MightyDeku: Kacchan..
Sent 7:17 AM

🌸OUravity: Oh jeez, Deku.. You guys were best friends, huh?
Sent 7:19 AM

💚MightyDeku: Were.
Sent 7:20 AM

🌸OUravity: Wow, I'm sorry, Deku. But I promise, swear on my life, I will never stop being your best friend. I love ya to death Izu! ❤
Sent 7:21 AM

💚MightyDeku: Thanks so much, Ura! I love you too ❤
Sent 7:22 AM

🌸OUravity: Hey so it's almost time for school, wanna walk together?
Sent 7:49 AM

💚MightyDeku: No thanks, I'll just make you late. I'm still in my boxers..
Sent 7:50 AM

🌸OUravity: Didn't needa know
that.. But alright, see you at school, Deku!
Sent 7:51 AM

🌸OUravity went offline

💚MightyDeku went offline

I put my phone down and ran a hand through my green mop of hair. I groaned getting out of bed and headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and "fix" my hair.
I finished brushing my teeth and put on my school uniform.

"IZUKUUU!! SCHOOL STARTS AT 8 YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE" Mom called. "Almost ready mom!" I yelled back. I opened my door and went over to the kitchen, checking my phone in the process. It was 7:56.