chapter 10

(Anne's POV)
I was in the kitchen baking cookies with Diana. "Sooooo... you and Gilbert....." Diana teases. "I-im not sure... I like him but Marilla will never let me court at this age. Im barely 15 on Friday!" I respond.  I put the cookies in the oven, And walk into the sitting room where Gilbert is on the couch reading. "Diana is in the kitchen waiting for the cookies," I stated. Marilla and Matthew had been visiting some old friends outside of Avonlea. I lay my head on Gilbert's shoulder and started reading the book he was holding.

(Gilbert's POV)
I want to take Anne somewhere special for her birthday. Just me and she or I could go look for her fox in the woods. Im pretty sure it might have kits by now, there are a lot of foxes in the Avonlea forest and only Anne's dares to venture out of it. Although Marilla probably won't allow anyone to keep a pet anything let alone a fox kit, so I guess im going to be taking her somewhere this week.
I know material items are good too, but Anne would probably love a spot in nature more. I pulled Anne a little closer to me. "Anne, you know how we wanted to set up Diana and Charlie? They'll probably find their own way to each other." I said Anne looked up at me with a tiny smile. "We did, and we were oblivious" she laughs. "Mostly you." I joked.
Anne got on her knees on the couch and leaned toward me she kissed me on the cheek "I can't argue with that statement." She said.
We walked into the kitchen, Diana was gone and half the cookies in the cookie sheet remained. There was a note on the table: 'bye lovebirds I took some cookies.'  Anne took a cookie and started nibbling on it. She looked so cute. "You look adorable you know," I stated. Anne laughed and gave me a cookie. "I love you," I say. "You too," Anne whispers in my ear.

(Anne's POV)
I yawn. "Get some sleep Anne, we have school tomorrow," Gilbert says as he leans down and kisses me on the forehead. "Goodnight gil," I say and kiss him on the cheek. I walk up to my room and start to get ready for bed. I dream about the day we met. I fall asleep quickly.