chapter 3

(Gilbert's POV)
I walk up to Anne, I'm so excited I got paired with her. She doesn't seem disappointed so that makes me happier. "WE'RE GONNA WIN!" she says with a burning fire in her eyes, I smile even wider than before I must look like an idiot." what makes you so sure Shirley?" I say as I chuckled under my breath"Of course I'll win, even if I have to carry your dead weight.." she teased, she then starts to smile crossing her arms. 'She looks so adorable...' I think to myself and blush. "I already knew that..." I responded as I lean down so im at eye level. I can see her cheeks getting a tiny bit pink, that makes me a way to excited and I stare at her cheeks even after I stand up straight I notice my cheeks feel way warmer... 'did I just blush more?' She stares up at me noticing my new color. She giggles "did I just make the one and only Gilbert Blythe blush~" she whispers teasingly I can tell she seems amused. Im shocked at her response... "u-um... n-no" I said dumbfounded. She giggles louder and says "sure~" once again in a teasing manner. She smiles and her eyes light up, shell never let me forget about this. I look at her face embarrassed I notice how her eyebrows are raised and she has a smirk on her face, I look once again at her eyes 'Anne Shirley how dare you to be this adorable!' "What? Do I have something on my face!?" She says with a worried expression. "No, I was just admiring it," I respond. What I really wanted to say was: 'Shalt I compareth thy eyes to the flute at sunrise, topp'd by thy fi'ry hair, the traveling lamp.  Thy eyes two boats harb'r'd at the dock yond art mine own owneth.  Of course, this is just a comparison because nothing I behold at is as quite quaint as the'- I knew if I said so in Shakespearean I had a better chance of her not running away, or hitting me over the head with a slate. But not wanting to scare her off I just looked away [a/n or should I say AWAE... ;)] and sighed. Noticing that the comment I just made  went over her head, 'i should've gone with the Shakespearean paragraph instead'

(Anne's POV )
As soon as the trivia game was over I smiled over at Gilbert proud about how we had gotten every question right. The adults had started talking about politics or something incredibly unimaginative so I sat there daydreaming about the most spectacular and unforgettable book. Of course, it was from my favorite author Jane Eyre. When out of nowhere Gilbert tapped on my shoulder "hey Shirley, ya bored?" He asked. "Extremely," I replied. "Wanna go for a walk? I found a wildflower patch near the orchard yesterday."
My eyes lit up at the sound of 'wildflowers' i smiled from ear to ear. "That would be delightful gil!" I said surprised at how excited I sounded. He smirked.