Chapter 41

Ash's POV 

A Flight Are you MOTIVATED!

Ma'am we are motivated, motivated

Downright dedicated!

You can check us out

You can check us in 

OORAH YAH!

These 18 words circled and wrapped around my mind as I sat on the grass dirt combination of the shooting range. Stage one was about to get under way. 

Stage one was 200 yards away, we had to hit one target in the sitting, kneeling and standing postion. For each position we would be given five rounds and 20 minutes to complete hitting all three targets. And then we would saftley change positons with our partner who was in the "butts". The ones who were down their were pulling targets down and scoring the shot. Me and Chloe were partners.

"Y'all have 20 minutes, starting now!" English yelled looking at her watch.

I loaded five rounds into my M16 and looked into the sight of my weapon and watched as the target appeared closer. I lined it up and clicked the trigger.

"POP!"

I looked to see as Chloe was pulling the target in and scoring it. 

I repeated this for the next two positions, standing and kneeling. I used two rounds for kneeling and one for standing. My scores were outstanding for the first stage.

Me and Chloe switched places as I made my way down range and into the "butts". The "butts" was essentially a trench that held all the targets and people scoring them.

She hit her three targets using all 15 rounds in 12 minutes. 

Stage Two.

200 yards, 70 seconds 5 rounds that all had to be fired and in the standing or kneeling position with rapid fire. 

I decided to stand since I was better and I loaded all five rounds and waited for Chloe to have the target ready.  

The target appeared and I lined up my shots.

"POP!"

"POP"

I paused.

"POP!"

"POP!"

I realined for my last shot.

"POP!"

And then the target disappered.

We switched places.

When it was finally time for the last stage, Stage Five. We were both drenched in sweat and our arms were sore from the kick of the weapon.

The final stage was by far my favorite, we had to be in the prone position which was laying down, 500 yards away and 10 mintues for a maximum of 10 rounds at slow fire. 

Laying down in the dirt I felt calm and relaxed and even though the target was father away I felt even more confident then any other of my shots. I took a deep breath and focused on the first shot. 

I heard English walk up behind me and she patted me on the back and whispered down to me.

"You pull this off and you will be the best shot in any of this years female recruits."

She walked away and left me and the target to finish our business. 

I alinged my rifle and lifted up my head and looked down the sight. The crosshairs perfectly aligned with where I need to take the shot so it would land where I wanted it.