Chapter 24

All these lovely people dropped me comments so I am quite inclined to write for you lovely people.

Enjoy

----------------------------------------------

Ash's POV

The latemorning air cooled my flaming cheeks and swampy Carolina trees hummed with cicadas. Not a pleasent sound.

Almost like Braxton.

Nope.

He is definetly more annoying then some cicadas.

The trees ahead of me gave way to such a lovely view.

My company.

And Donovan.

She was atop a wooden platform with a few other guys in adu's, two of whom were dressed like sumo wrestlers beating the crap out of each other with big, cushioned stick things.

Not more than 100 yards away, Donovan turned her head and grinned cruelly at the sight of me.

Oh, joy.

She beckoned me towards her with a particulary nasty verbal choice.

"Daniels! Where the he** have you been?!"

The rest of my company, currently looking like retards doing side lateral hops, risked a quick glance in my direction with a gaze of sympathy.

"Flirtin with Fischman ma'am" I replied casually, looking at the ground.

Two of the guys up on the platform turned away from the fighting guys to look at me and in unison,

"Fischman?!".

"Daniels! Fall in now!" Donovan shouted ignoring the outburst from behind her.

I trotted over like an obediant little dog to her masters call and fell in to the group.

Sweat coated everyone in the group, noses dripped and upper lips beaded with moisture. Cheeks burned red and sand saturated everything. For the first time I noticed the reduction of the groups size and it was only week two.

20 of us were gone.

I knew that this wasn't summer camp but I knew like two peoples names in my company, Fischman took up too much of my so little time.

Like last Thursday the guy ever so sweetly offered to do my laundry and returned with my pt shirts permanetly white with bleach.

Their still white and I'm still wearing them.

"Ashy!! Stop day dreamin about going fishin and pay attentiln!" An annoying yet very familar voice yelled from behind Donovan.

It was one of the guys from earlier and it was not Braxton.

"David?!" I asked cautiously waiting for a reply.

"Can't even recognize your own brother now?"

My mouth gaped.

"What have they been feedin yah?"

Everybody turned to look at either him or me, their eyes making the connection.

"Close your mouth and get up here!!"

Not having to be told twice I fell back out of the group and bounded over to him like a kid on Christmas morning.

So close..... BAM!

The world took a 360 and faded to a bleak blackness.

It didn't last long.

Voices began to swirl around in my brain and then someone flipped my light switch.

David, Donovan and...Fisch.

He always seemed to be around when something bad happens.

"Ashley! Stay with me!" A voice crooned softly in my ear, sweet and melodic.

I suddenley felt sick to my stomach, and then it went away.

"Fu** seriously Daniels!" It was Donovan.

Hahah finally got her, the victory feeling was qukckly replaced as someone lifted me off the ground and settled me against their chest.

My head hurt and a trickle of warmth leaked over my eyebrow and spattered down my face.

"Fu** someone get a truck down here, its bad!" The sweet voice shouted.

The sky was suddenly to bright, the voices were to loud and my head was splitting open.

For the first time since arriving here, a lone tear dripped.

Braxtons POV

I hadn't even noticed Ash arrive back to her group until she opened her mouth. And proceed to tell Donovan how she was flirtin with "fischman".

David had arrived earlier then expected so we took out a truck to annoy Donovan and her poolees, but mostly Ashley.

I had watched her saunter over to the group and proceed to make strange faces at Donovan like a six year but it was pretty cute.

"Dont waste your time" David had said, still unsure if her was serious or not.

When she heard David call out to her she bounded over to us and up the steps.

Whickersham one of the guys giving a martial arts presentation whipped his pugel back and caught Ashley in the crossfire. She fell back down the stairs and whacked her head on the metal railing, dropping like a rock.

I got to her first and tried to wake her up and when she came to she puked all over Donovan who screamed like a banshee.

She lay across my lap growing paler and paler as blood poured down her face. She would definetly need a good round of stiches l.

"Get me an f****** truck!!" I shouted as everyone just looked at me.

Tears leaked out of her eyes and blood stained my uniform.

I had better luck wiping one away than the other.

As I lifted her into my arms I whispered into her ear....

"Real Marines cry...."

------------------

What did yall think????? Comments are greatly appreciated

Pic of donovan ------------>