Chapter 13

Yes!!!!! A super long chappie cause im on a computer and not an Iphone :)))))

----------------------

The bus was about 1/2 full of women. And all of them were sitting at in-seats, most showed no recognition of seeing me and looked a bit like statues.

I went down the narrow aisle trying to avoid making a fool of myself, I sat in the very last emty seat and went to in-seats.

The bus was a prision grey color as were the seats, they were ripped up and somewhat destryed. They had probably been in use for many years, worn by the terrified rears of new recruits.

I vaguely noticed Braxton and the other women get on the bus , he sat in the first row of seats. I could see him relax as he promptly shut his eyes and tip his back. The women on the other hand stood at the very front of the bus, a scowl on her face. The other women on the bus glanced up quickly to look at this absolute beast of a women.

"Don't think I don't see all yalls eyes look'in up at me, what do think i am blind?"

"No Ma'am!" I joined in with the others.

"Didnt think so! I am Staff 1st Sergeant Donovan, your battalion commander, this is Colonel Fischer." She said pointed at Braxton who tipped his Patrol Cap, a smirk playing on his lip.

"Hello ladies.." Braxton drawled out. " We'll be leaving shortly so hold onto your skirts."

The bus hissed as the doors closed and Srgt. Donovan took her seat opposite of Braxton.

Promptly drivng out of the airport we merged onto a 2 lane freeway, few cars were on the road and we were still sitting at in-seats.

"At Ease", Braxton said languidly at the front of the bus.

I relaxed instantly, a few of the women turned around to face me, questionable faces eager to get some answers that apparently I knew.

"Are you like a reporter or somthing?" A lady said with mousy brown hair and a cheruby face.

Raising an eyebrow," No im a recruit same as yall."

A collective gasp, " OMG its so nice to meet you im Wendy!"

'"Ash".

A few of the others introduced themselves but most were staring outside the windows into the beutiful scenary.

Huge mossy trees dotted the landscape and marshes were abundant with huge white cranes, Patches of colorful flowers reprimended the beauty of the deep south.

"It's gorgeous ain't it angel?"

A light tap on the shoulder and I turned around from looking out at the southern beauty.

Braxton was sitting in the seat next to me, completely relaxed. His eyes watching me intently as he awaited my response.

"Yeah", I said glaring at him, cursing in my head the fact that this sexy hunk of a man was a Colonel in the Marine Corps. And the fact that he hadnt told me on the flight in from Dallas.

"Recruit you do know that I am your superior and the fact that you have causally addressed me is completely out of line?"

Oh fudge. I am such an ass.

"Sir, this recruit thinks that the scenery is outstanding sir!"

He laughed.

That dumbass dick.

"That was lovely angel but nothins official till we get to base".

I raised an eyebrow.

"Speaking of which welcome to hell!" He beckoned as we approached the gates of Paris Island USMC base camp.

"In seats tenge-hut!" Srgt. Donovan commanded at the front of the bus.

"See yah soon angel", he said as I quickly went to in-seats.

----------

What did u think she is finally there :)