Chapter 9

Terms you will need to know: Flag detail- 4-5 cadets (in this situation) go outside and lower an or raise the flag on the flagpole outside of the school.

-----------------

"Chirp Chirp"!

"Chirp Chirp"!

What the fudge, I stirred slowly underneath the covers.

I was not ready to face the coolness of my room when my bed was so nice and warm and comfortable.

"Chirp Chirp"!

"Chirp Chirp"!

Seriously what was with the freaking chirping. Then it hit me, today I was leaving for Parris island.

I got out of bed still slightly sleepy from waking up at the god forsaken hour of 4 am, to catch my plane at 6. Stumbling into the bathroom I switched on my iPod to ingrids Turn to stone. The singing calmed my nerves and I felt well good again.

"You up, Ash?", I heard David say as he pounded 3 times on my door, jogging a memory from JROTC.

Memory

Me and another girl from my flight her name was Josie had been assigned to do flag detail with 3 guys. Since we were freshman this year we were kinda new at it, and we didn't get the whole sequence yet of how to properly do flag detail.

Personally I had never been good at folding flags and had always gotten yelled at numerous times fr folding the flag wrong whenever I was assigned front or rear guard. So whenever I wa summoned for the detail I always made sure I was either the Texas flag or the Special flag. This time I was Texas and my friend Josie was the front guard.

During flag detail front guard would be in charge of whenever we came back inside to the classroom to bang on the wooden part of the door 3 times and shout Room in place Ten Hut!

So we had gone outside and lowered the flags and headed back inside. Josie had gone to the door and slapped the window as hard as she possible could and swung open the door and screamed as loud as she possible could,

"Flight in place tenge hut!"

I could remember as soon as we dismissed ourselves the entire room had bursted out laughing because

1. She had gotten yelled at for being TOO loud

And

2. She had also almost broken the window by banging on the window so hard

To say the least it was a very embarrassing.

End memory

Quickly I scrubbed my face and pulled my hair back into a very messy but good looking ponytail. Perfect for traveling and hurridly pulled off my pjs and put on a pair of grey sweatpants and a white v neck t shirt.

"Were leaving in 15 minutes Ash!"

My brand new sneakers were still in their box in my closet, I fumbled around feeling for the box finally finding it. I slipped them on, grabbed by 30 bucks off my dresser and took one last look in the mirror.

My ambitious green eyes were lively and full of life, my hair slightly curly was cute and messy in a loose ponytail and I looked oh so comfy in my sweats. I was ready to go and nothing could stop me now.

My brother pounded on the door as he swung it open,"Ash were leaving!"

Calm and collected I gave him a cheeky grin, "Lets do this!"

------------

First half the chappie! Will update either today through hopefully wensday :) Please comment I know it seems kind of rushed but once she gets to Bootcamp it will get much more descriptive and get loads better!!!