Chapter 32

Pic of Ash ------------>

Ash's POV

I had stayed in my room for the past three days avoiding a certain person. After he had kissed me on Sunday it was a very akward on the ride back. He didnt say much at all and brought me to my room as soon as we got home. The second  day I had woken up and my vision had returned, I didnt tell anyone and let Gladys bring me my food so I didnt have to face Braxton.

It was cowardly on my part, but I didnt know what to do.

He had come to my room several times but I declined him enterance complaining of headaches. Which I actually did have.

It was strange to be able to look out the window and see the sky and the grass below after not seeing it for a few days. I felt like a foreinger to a new world.

I was in the bathroom brushing out my hair when I heard a knock at the door.

"Ash I know your in there."

It had to be Braxton.

"Ash just please come out, we really need to talk."

I sighed.

"OK." I said, regretting it jjust as soon as it left my mouth.

I could imagine him in the hallway excited that I was finally coming to talk to him.ven though I was avoiding him I missed the way he looked. His blue blue eyes and a light stubble running across his jaw.  I looked at my nails, ragged from my constant chewing because I was nervous to face him.

I looked in the mirror one last time, admiring the reflection I almost forgot. Three bruises blossomed across my forehead almost obscured by my hair, that felt free after being tied up every day all day.

I made my way across the room and set my hand on the old doorknob, almost afraid to turn it.

The door clicked open. And Braxton wasn't in the hallyway.

I exited my room feeling the cusion of the carpet turn to rough hardwood, the house was lit by a brillance of natural light, and the cream walls of the house made it seem much larger then it really was. High vaulted ceilings made one feel small in comparison to the huge monstrosity of a home.

Making my way to the staircase which I walked down quietly, the stairs giving away no creaks, my eyes met Gladys who was sitting in a blue wingback chair in the front sitting room, reading a newspaper. Her spectcles balencing meticoulsoly on her nose. I continued on.

A dark haired main was sitting in the kitchen sipping what had to be coffee from the smell. He was strongly built and shared somewhat of a resemblence to Braxton. It had to be felix.

His eyes met mine and with a quick notion of his fingers beckoned me to the wraparound porch outside the front door. I nodded to him, and he went back to sipping his coffee.

The warm heat of the Texas sun greeted me as I walked onto the wooden porch, I sat myself in the old white rocker and waited. Rocking back and forth to the chime of the wind chimes adjacent to me. I watched the tall grasses blow in the delicate breeze, heard the nickering of horses from the stable across from the house.

"Hey."Braxton said greeting me.

I turned around in suprise, not even realizing he was outside as well. He was standing in the doorway of the house, a cowboy hat on his head, and a deep tan coursed over his body. He looked exactly as I remembered him, though more relaxed and at ease. 

"Hi." I said meekily not meeting his gaze.

"So I see you got your vision back."

"Tuesday."

"Didnt care to share." He replied his tone level.

"Braxton what do you want from me, seriously?"

It was his turn to be silent, the sounds of nature making their own cnversation.

"I'm sorrry Ashley, I didnt know it would make you this uncomfortable."

"Yah well it did." I said, a bitter tone inflicted in my voice.

And with that I got up off the porch and ran down the driveway headed into a town that I was very unfamilar with.

Town it turns out was three red light and a main street. A Dairy Queen, a gas station, a Winn DIxie and a couple of shops so old you couldnt tell what they were or what they used to be. I went into the DQ.

It turns out that the DQ was the place to go in the summer time.

There were kids dripping from every surface, teeenagers were smoking in the front of the shop and the elderly were licking vanilla cones.

I walked out sparing myself a few strange glances and headed back to the house unsure of what to do next.

I was ready to leave and head back to Paris Island, I didnt care to stay there was nothing for me to do here and it was akward enough. My sight and returned and I was most likely clear to train again.  When I got back to the house Braxton had vacated the prorch.

I stalked into the house and went into the kitchen and grabbed the home phone on the counter and dialed the office number.

"Hello?"

"This is Recruit Daniels, Ashley. Alpha Company Squadron A. Please transfer to the Commandant."

The reciever on the other end lifted.

"This is the Commandant speaking."

"Sir Recruit Daniels requesting permisson to return to Basic Training early Sir."

"Sight returned?"

"Yes SIr!"

I heard the click of a keyboard on the other end of the phone.

"Granted, a plane will depart  at DFW at 8:00 am tommorow morning."

"Thank you Sir!"

He hung up.

I put the phone down and turned around.

Braxtons eyes were smoldering.

"Leaving so soon?"

"Um... yes."

"Good, and im NOT driving you."He stormed out of the kitchen door and I heard his bedroom door slam shout with a hard bang.

I walked out of the kitchen unsure of what to do next, I found Gladys still sitting in the front room and she pointed down another hallway of the house. I followed her instructions.

One door was at the end of the hall and I opened it. Felix was lifting weights on the end of his bed.

"So sorry!" I said closing the door.

"Hey Ash its okay c'mon in."

I reopened the door.

"I heard Braxton, what happend between the two of yall?"

"I'm leaving, gooing back to Basic."

His face was shocked.

"And your gonna leave him like that before her deploys?"

"Deploys?" I asked confused.

He got up off the bed and came over to me.

"Yah Iraq in a week and a few days, didnt he tell you?"

My mouth hung open and I took off out of his room and up the stairs to Braxtons room.

I pounded on his door, "OPEN THE DOOR YOU SELFISH IDIOT!!"

I pounded and pounded on the door, with no response from the other side.

"IM GONNA KICK YOUR DOOR DOWN!!!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did yall think? Sorry the storys a bit sidetracked but she will be back at bootcamp soon Comment and vote please