Chapter 39

Y'all are awesome so heres another chapter C:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ash's POV 

We were at the pool.

No we we were not wearing bikinis and basking in the summer sun recharging our farmers tan and playing pool volleyball, and sipping cool drinks. 

We were indoors, in the humid confines of the pool area. The ground was wet and slick and English decided we needed to take a break from firing our weapons. Dressed in skin tight utility suits that were a dark blue color and wearing combat boots we looked like quite a strange bunch, English didnt seem to mind.

I knew how to swim pretty decently but the three levels of water qualification were going to test that theory. 

We were all lined up along the shallowest portion of the pool, with our boot toes at the closest portion to the pool. 

"This is the CWS-4 water qualification, the basic course for enlisted personal". A random male DI said from the opposite end of the pool.

I took a breath, "This is basic water survival skills WITHOUT combat equipment." 

A whistle blew and we all jumped into the pool, it was shallow as I was able to stand, but closer to the 15ft tower at the opposite end of the pool it was much much deeper. 

As the water penetreted my utility suit I felt the realness of what was actually going on. 

"You will swim 25 meters with the basic stroke and then exit the water." He said pointing to wear the 25 meter line was marked and the ladder on the side of the pool.

The basic stroke was what we all knew after we knew doggy paddle, nothing special. And i was sure anyone here could swim 25 meters.

Another whistle blew.

All 15 of us took off towards the red line a short distance away.

My sore arms and even more painful leg muscles careened me towards the target. Chloe was next to me keeping an even pace whem I looked to my right to breathe. I wasnt sure were Piper was.

When I reached the line I looked over to see Piper finish right after on my left, I smiled to her ever so slightly.

"Daniels out of my POOL!" English shouted from the sidelines of the pool directly above the ladder which was a few feet away from me. A final quick glance to Piper I paddled over to English and climbed up the ladder.

"Hurry up people get outta my POOL!!!" The other DI screamed at the few still swimming.

She beckoned us all towards the 15 foot diving tower at the deepest end of the  pool, the other DI ushered us over there.

"You will climb this tower and properly jump into the water!" 

"Questions?!" He shouted.

Nobody said anything. 

A few hours ago English took it upon herslef to teach us how to properly enter the water. Arms crossed over chest, legs straight at an angle in front of you and then exit the water.

'Daniels why dont you go first?" English said from behind the group of us.

"Yes Ma'am!" I shouted with a mask of confidence.

I was still terrified of heights and as I climbed the ladder the higher and higher I got the sicker I felt. At the top of the platform I creeped over to the edge, everyone was looking at me waiting for me to jump.