Chapter Twenty-six - Where We Belong

Chapter Twenty-six

Where We Belong

There was no way, no way in Hell that I intended to let Jaxon suffer through this. It was my choice all from the beginning to come here, I should have never dragged Jax into it. I kept thinking to myself that this was all my fault, he was suffering here,  and all I did was cause it. I should have left Jaxon with my parents, I'm sure they miss him. I'm sure they miss me too, but at this point, I didn't belong with my parents anymore. I became someone who was much stronger, who didn't particularly like unicorns anymore, who didn't like her fuzzy Snoopy pajamas. I think that maybe this whole experience with the Creepypasta's simply caused me to mature into a new me. I wasn't as quiet as I used to be, I wasn't as scared as I used to be (I mean come on, dead bodies everywhere over here), and I wasn't as much of a coward. Did I mention that I used to be afraid of the dark?

I had lifted Jaxon up from the couch where he packed his things into a little blue bag that I had dug up. Most of what he took were just things that Jack had collected from the outside world to keep Jax busy, coloring books, crayons, toy cars, and other small items. There wasn't anything of true meaning in there, and maybe that was a good thing. Of course crayons to a little boy were the world, but soon enough those crayons wouldn't mean anything to him if they somehow were stolen.

At this point, I was kneeling on the ground in front of Jaxon, my bright blue eyes staring into his. Our eyes were nearly identical, though his were a little brighter and looked more like the sky than anything. Every time I went outside and looked up, I thought of Jax. We even shared the same hair color, our blonde wavy messes. I loved Jaxon more than anything in this world, but I knew that it was time to finally let him go and be who he wanted to be, not live in this life with CP's full of death and murder. He was only a child, he wasn't ready for this. I was so close to ruining his life and breaking it to tiny pieces.

I could feel the tears stinging in my eyes, though Jaxon seemed to be confused as he watched me. He reached up a little hand, striking away a tear that was sliding down my pale cheek.

"Why are you crying?" He asked.

I gave a bit of a sniffle before answering. "Because you're leaving."

"But aren't you coming too? Mommy and daddy miss us lots and lots!"

I chuckled a bit in a depressing way. "Mommy and daddy miss you, Jaxon. I don't belong there anymore. I belong here." I responded, reaching my hand up to place on his cheek. "I love you Jaxon, I would give the world for you. You're the most perfect little brother anyone could ask for."

I think my words got to Jaxon, because I could see the shimmer of tears in his eyes too. I reached into my pocket, taking out a silver necklace with a small heart dangling from it. It was a gift from my friend on my eleventh birthday. I put it over Jax's neck, tucking it under his green shirt and placing my hand on his chest, over the heart. "Please, never forget me Jaxon. And maybe in a few years, come visit." I responded, my lips pulling back into a saddening smile.

I got up from kneeling, my knees cracking as I did so. Gently reaching down for Jaxon's hand, I gave him a weak smile before leading him down the hall. Surprisngly, Jeff and Jack were still isolated out in that room, so I was safe to go. I opened the door to the house, leading my younger brother out of that Hell hole. We walked and walked till we got to the streets and we were standing right across from the same place that me and Jax used to call home.

If I wasn't holding Jax's hand, he probably would have ran across the street and gotten hit by a car. "Daddy, mommy, they're in there!" He shouted, but I shook my head.

"No, they're not."

And although Jaxon begged for an explantation, tears running down his face as he thought that our parents had abandon him, I simply dragged him on down the street. Was there any way I was going to find my parents? Hell no. And I wasn't going to go to the police to turn my brother over to them, if I showed up there, the police would take me too. I didn't want to go home. The house with Jack, Jeff, and Smile was my home. But it wasn't Jaxon's.

We walked for what seemed like forever when I finally stopped at a cream colored, two-flored house. Luckily, there was a car parked in the garage and a small smile lit up my face. This was a person I had been dying to see again, and I missed him dearly. This house belonged to one of my best friends, Asher. The same guy who had given me that black unicorn statue that Jeff practically destroyed by swatting off my dresser. Jaxon didn't know the house, but he knew just who Asher was.

I approached the house, coming up the steps with Jax by my side and knocked on the door. Once, twice, three times. Eventually, someone came to the door. Asher wasn't ugly, not at all, but maybe he wasn't the most attractive either. Asher was a tall guy, really lanky, with choppy layered brown hair and bright brown eyes. He wore glasses, despite hating them. He had been my best friend since we were just kids. Once he opened the door, he gave a look at me that I almost thought he was going to pass out on the spot.

I lifted my hand, waving slightly. "Hey, Asher."

He seemed stunned, too speechless for words. "Livia? I thought you were dead.. You went missing and .." He paused, looking me over as if he couldn't believe it.

Jaxon tugged at my sleeve and I got back to the point. "Asher, you might remember, this is my little brother Jaxon. I need you to take him in. Find our parents, and give them Jaxon. Don't tell them I was here. No one can know I'm alive." And like that, I wrapped my arms around Asher for a hug, just to prove to him that I was real. He was still stunned, but wrapped his arms around my sides and squeezed me so tight that I thought I was going to blow up. "I'll visit." I whispered in his ear.

Turning around, I smiled weakly at Jaxon. "You'll stay with Asher until you get to Mommy and Daddy again, okay?" Not waiting for an answer, I kissed the top of Jaxon's head and ruffled his blonde hair. My fingertip touched the heart pendant that was under his shirt. "Never forget." I mumbled to him, and he gave a nod of his head, walking over to Asher.

The rest of my day, I took my time to walk home. And when I arrived home, it was like nothing ever happened. There on both couches was a Jack, who appeared to be sleeping but I could be wrong because of that mask, and a Jeff who seemed to just be dozing, though awake. I closed the door quietly, walking into that living room. "Guess who's home?" I whispered, a grin stretching across my face. Jeff was the only one to look up, and I could even see a faint smile tugging on his lips, though he held it back.

"So, you've finally started to call this place home."