Chapter Twenty - Kidnap

Chapter Twenty - Kidnap

        Seated on the black leather couches Lina had in her living room, I stared openly towards the flatscreen in front of us. Although it took a while to have Jeff take a seat, he finally was cross-legged on the couch beside me, grimly staring at the ground. For the most part, everything was silent. Then came the light footsteps of Lina, carrying two white mugs of steaming tea in her hands. Leaning down, she placed each cup on it's own coaster, then took a seat on the second couch. She put her hands together, twisting her fingers in her lap. Jeff had already reached forward, and was at the moment taking small sips of the fresh tea Lina had made. I didn't. 

        Glancing up at Lina, my dull eyes meeting her matching set. As if she could read my mind, a soft sigh drew from her perfectly pink tinted lips. "They moved back to New York." 

        A spark of shock showed in my aqua coloured eyes. I was born in New York, though Jaxon was not, lucky enough for him. As a child, I never personally enjoyed living in New York. I much preferred where I lived now, rather than in the slums and down-right-filthy parts of the city. That, I hated. There was never any air to breathe, practically, and the crowds were horrendous. My mother hated New York, but my father worked there. Had they moved for that reason? "Why?" I asked, reaching forward for my dainty cup of tea. My fingers gently gripped the handle, caressing the handle as I slowly lifted the cup to my tender lips. As they connected, Lina began to speak again.

     "Livia, they needed to get away from this place. After you disappeared," She stopped in mid-sentence, large blue eyes staring at me. I turned my head, staring back as lengths of hair fell over my shoulders. Jeff sat as stiff as stone, having no idea what was going on; he simply casually drank his tea till it was nothing. "After you disappeared, Livia, Jaxon disappeared as well. They couldn't live here anymore."

     Jaxon was gone? Someone kidnapped him? Lina's words echoed in my mind, over and over again, and over and over I imagined my little brother being taken by some psychopathic man as they threw him into their van. The cup slipped right out of my fingers. Down, the cup went, crashing and shattering to bits against the floor, just like my heart. Any remaining tea that was in there was all over Lina's carpet, it would leave a stain - I couldn't care less. I bit my lip as I felt Jeff's arm wrap around my shoulder, pulling me tight into his chest. All of a sudden, tears were flowing like a river from my eyes, dripping onto Jeff's jeans and staining his hoodie. He didn't mind, he continued to pet my blonde hair, running his fingers through them in a comforting way as I sobbed quietly. Lina leaned forward as well, beginning to rub my back as her hand traced my spine.

     Moments later, I pushed Jeff away. Sniffling, I wiped my nose and the tears from my face, my eyes red and puffy. Recently, I've been crying a lot. "Do they know w-who took Jax?" I inquired, swallowing down the ball in my throat.

     She gave a shake of her head, and my heart bits were smashed by a hammer to dust. "All they know is Jaxon was playing in the street, on the edge of the forest by your house. Once second he was there, the next he was gone. No one found any tracks, any signs of anything. It was as if Jaxon floated away." If this wasn't about my brother, I would have laughed at the floating part. Then, the sudden realization came to mind. The forest, if Jeff, Jack, and Smile lived in that one house, who the hell lived in that forest? The famous Slenderman. My head whipped around to Jeff, and I arched up to whisper in his ear, "Jeff, I'm almost fucking one-hundred percent sure Slenderman took Jaxon." My voice cracked a little. Lina seemed confused. I snatched Jeff's skinny wrist, getting up, pulling him up with me. "Thank you Lina, for everything. I'm sorry, but I can't stay, and I can't come back. Don't tell my parent's that I was ever here, don't tell anyone. Sorry for your carpet." I ran for the door, along with Jeff being dragged behind me. At least he actually got to finish his herbal tea.

     "Wait!" Shouted Lina, though I was already out the door. As I picked up speed, running back to Jeff's house, I released Jeff from my grip. He didn't say anything, simply jogged behind me with no problem. We ran for half an hour, by the time we had reached the house, nightfall was on it's way.

     "Fucking hell Livia, I never wanted you to deal with Slender. He's a bitch to put up with, even if he doesn't have an actual mouth to speak with. You don't know what you're getting into." Jeff seemed to growl at me, snatching my shirt before I could get into the door. Pulling me to look at him, I stared at him, dead in his eyes. "I'm saving my brother." I spat back angrily, placing both hands on his chest as I shoved him away forcefully. He stumbled back, releasing me. I made my way into the house before yelling, "Smile, Jack, we're home!" Jack was already sitting in his favorite chair in the living room. Smile was laid out on the carpet, but when I called his name, he tottered his way over to us and began to lick my hand, begging for me to pet him - I obediantly accepted, running my fingers between his ears. 

     Jack peered from his chair. "How was it? Jeff's new body wore off yet?"

     I could only grimly smile, "We've got a date with Slenderman." At that moment, even Smile seemed to frown.