Chapter Nineteen - Family Time

Chapter Nineteen - Family Time

        After about twenty minutes of crying my eyes out, I finally pulled away from Jeff. My face was stained with tears, as well as his white sweater. A frown displayed on his face, he kneeled down slightly to meet my height before saying, "Livia, get a hold of yourself. Everything is going to be alright." And with that, he planted a kiss on my cheek. 

        But no; nothing would ever be alright again. They had taken my brother, the only sibling I actually ever cared about. I wanted to watch Jaxon grow up, get girlfriends, get good grades in school, become something in his life. I wanted to be there for every moment of his life, I wanted to protect him. Now that I had no idea where they took him, that wasn't possible. But maybe, if I looked around town and asked, someone would know where they moved! My crystalline blue optics glanced up at Jeffrey. "We need to go to Lina's house!" I exclaimed, pushing myself away from Jeff. As he tried to grab for me again, I turned completely around, his fingertips barely missing me. Then, I began for a sprint down the street, and I didn't look back to see if Jeff was following. 

        Easy enough to say, he was. I could hear the banging his shoes made when they collided with the sidewalk. "Who the fuck is Lina?" He snapped, probably pissed because I ran off. Though I didn't reply, if I talked while running I'd tire myself out. I needed to keep going. Running around twists and turns with an angry Jeff on my heels, I finally skidded to a stop once we reached a blue-grey looking house, bushes in the front yard, with a driveway of stones off to the side. A garage could be seen in the back. "Again, who the fuck is she?!" He practically growled at me, taking hold of my right arm. Luckily, they hadn't moved. Not yet, at least, since they could barely pay for their house. I was pretty sure they were three months behind. "My mom's best friend. She's married to my mom's cousin, and Lina's kids are my cousins." I snapped back. Oh yes, Gordon and Devon, my cousins. Though, Gordon wasn't truly my cousin, he wasn't the actual son of my mom's cousin, Keeran. Gordon was actually the son of another man, who lived far in Poland, that no one cared about. Devon was my biological cousin, though. 

        I ran up the steps of their porch, knocking on their door three times. Jeff stood behind me, luckily in his old human form, so he didn't have to hide or something. Aha, did I mention Gordon and Devon love Creepypastas as well? Lina opened the door, shock displayed on her face. Swinging the door open, she grabbed me by my shoulders. "Oi Livia, I was so worried, your mom told me you were gone." Giving me a soft hug, I couldn't help but smile. At least someone cared I was gone. "Come inside, please. Who's your friend?" She continued, beckoning me inside. Taking off my sneakers as I came in, I replied, "Jeffrey." Of course, I didn't add 'the Killer' part. She'd probably piss her pants. 

        Jeff followed me, muttering a thanks, and also taking off his shoes. Devon came running down the stairs, jumping over the last one to crash on the floor. Oh boy, eleven-year olds. "Mama, who's that?" He said, brushing his blonde locks of hair from his face. Pointing at Jeffrey, he came over and studied him. Jeff looked like he was about to blow. "A new friend, Jeff." His eyes looked up in awe. "You mean like Jeff the Killer?" Fuck, I forgot. 

        "No, no, of course not!" 

        Then Gordon came down the stairs. Gordon was older than his brother, he was seventeen. A year older than me. "What the fuck is all this commotion about? Who the fuck are you?" I glared at him. Gordon was one of my least-favourite cousins. 

        "Shut your mouth!" Lina snapped towards Gordon. He silenced. "This is Jeff, Livia's friend."

        "Oi, Livia, haven't seen you in forever. Is this the guy you spent those months banging?" 

        "GORDON GET YOUR FUCKING ASS UPSTAIRS!" Lina's face turned red, I wasn't sure from embarrassment from her son or rage. 

        Shrugging, Gordon went back up the stairs, brushing his own brown curls out of his eyes. A soda can was in his hand. 

        I let out a sigh, looking at Devon. "You too." I murmured to Devon, though he frowned. Storming up the stairs after Gordon, who actually didn't like his brother, Devon left. Then, I looked at Lina, happy all this shit was over. "Where's my mom and dad? Where's Jaxon?" There was a frown on her face once I inquired. "Take a seat; would you like some tea?" She murmured, fiddling with her thumbs. This wasn't going to be good, not at all.