Chapter Five - Deals

Chapter Five ~ Deals

When I woke up, I found myself in another dark room, defiantly not the same one I had fallen asleep in. For moments, I stared straight at the wall because of the voices I heard sounding from downstairs, voices of two people. The pacing of steps followed, and I sat there for seconds, wondering if someone would slit my throat the second I got to the door of this room. Then again, if anyone planned to kill me, they would have done it already, wouldn’t they? After a while, I made my decision to crack the door open and get a better hearing of exactly what was going on downstairs.

I sat up, hearing my back crack, and then looked at my surroundings of the different room. It appeared as an small bedroom, or maybe the room was never meant to be a bedroom and Jack shoved a mattress in here with me to make it seem like one. At least I had a mattress and I wasn’t left to sleep on the cold floor, that was basically falling apart in some areas; I wondered if I jumped around would I fall straight through the floor. Apparently someone was nice enough to give me a blanket too, though the fabric was much tattered and worn; cropped in the most awkward way and shredded with holes. This was probably the blanket they gave to Smile when he was a puppy, an adorable, murderous little puppy. How sweet, though I was pretty sure this blanket could’ve been used to train Smile how to shred people; the fabric probably held the same strength human skin did. Then I lost interest in wondering, tossed it back onto the mattress, and stood up from my filthy bed. It really was filth, seeing multi-colored stains all over the covering and how there were tears in the mattress made me come to another thought that this was where Smile slept too.

Slowly, I walked towards the door painted in white (Though chipping) and made sure that I didn’t once step on any part of the floor that I assumed would give away if any weight was put there. Once I reached the door, I pressed my left ear on the door to try and hear exactly who was downstairs and what they were discussing.

Although by the time I got to the door, the voices turned into louder shouting, well, only from one person. Jeff, of course, his rasped voice becoming stronger as he sounded more aggravated. The other voice was Jack, the gentleman, yet still a murderer who was an acomplis to the murder of that boy in their kitchen.

“What the fuck were you thinking Jack?!” I could hear Jeff shout at him, though towards the end of his sentence his words died out as if trying not to ‘wake’ me.

“I was thinking of Livia.” Jack replied.

“I brought her hear to become scared of us, not for you to treat her like a fucking princess Jack.” Jeff snarled back.

“She saw the mangled body in the kitchen, she had enough for that day. It traumatized her, Jeff, and she’s only a young girl.”