Chapter Twenty-Seven: New Life

Have I finally begun to call this place home? This once seemingly abandoned house, a nightmare in the middle of dark woods, was it really where my heart belonged? To me, the answer was yes. I had no friends anymore besides Jeff, Jack, and Smile. My family was long gone, and to everyone, I was assumed dead. I'd been missing for months now, even though my friend had told everyone that he spotted me. The funny thing is, not a single soul believed him, they knew that these woods were abandoned and filled with nothing but leaning trees and some animals, a house in the woods was totally unheard of. Sometimes I wondered how I never noticed it before either, but in the world of Creepypastas, there was so much to look at, so many questions, yet so little answers. As I stayed longer here, I had started to come to that realization, and I asked fewer and fewer questions, I knew that there most likely wouldn't be an answer. If things like Jack, Slenderman, Smile, all the Creepypastas existed, then what was reality?

I woke up in the early morning, the sun just barely giving the sky a soft hue of blue and pink. I stared out the window, noticing little white droplets falling from the sky. Removing the blanket covers, tossing them over, the cold air brushed against the skin of my calves and gave me severe goosebumps. My feet touched the wood ground, creaking with every step I took till I reached the window, placing my hands on the windowstill. My ocean-colored orbs stared out of the window, gazing at the flakes that fell from the sky and had coated a few inches of snow overnight accumulated on the ground, giving the dead trees and this dreary home a winter-wonderland feel. So busy looking out the window, I failed to notice Jeff standing behind me. Winter had always been my favorite season, it was such a crisp, chilly, yet beautiful season.

Hands touched my hips, sweetly finding their way around my sides and twining fingers at my stomach. A chill ran down my spine, I could feel his hot breath near my ear. "Livia, do you remember the first day we met?" He asked in a tender voice, which I couldn't help but smile at. "You mean, the day you tried to kill me? Yes, very clearly." I responded with a soft sigh. "Do you love me now just as much as you loved me then?" Ah, that's right. I was the infamous Creepypasta fangirl, and here I was now, living with the one Creepypasta I adored the most. Biting my bottom lip, I nodded.

Suddenly, I was spun around to face him, and my aqua eyes stared into his dark optics. The moment was perfect, and he leaned forward to plant a kiss on my lips tenderly while my back pressed against the window. My hands reached, holding his face dearly, my fingers weaving in his thick, black hair. Yet, after a few moments, I pushed him off. "Could you hold on a second?" I asked in a sort of purr of happiness, though he seemed a little irritated that I stopped kissing him. That sucks.

Moving past him, I ran and grabbed a pair of scissors, a few other things, and ran into the bathroom. Slamming the door behind me, I looked at my face in the mirror. There were minor cuts on my face still that were healing up, but I felt like if I was going to live here, I needed to change. Grabbing the scissors I had placed on the sink, I gave myself a little hair-cut. Snip here, snip there, and I went from having long hair down my pack to a short pixie-cut. Honestly, I liked it, the pixie cut brought out the definition of my jawline. Next, I found some dye, a bright red that would look great since my hair was already blonde, no need for bleaching. The dye took longer than I'd expected, and while I had my hair taking in the dye, Jeff was banging on the bathroom door. "Are you done yet? Did you get your period or something?" Yeah, totally.

"Give me like an hour, okay, then we can have fun!" I responded, turning on the water to run out the red dye. I simply heard a grunt, I wasn't sure if that was good or not. Running the water over my hair and getting rid of the excess dye, I let out a happy sigh as I felt my hair whisp through my fingers. When I was done, I wrapped my hair in a towel, rubbing furiously to get it dry quickly. When I looked in the mirror again, I was practically a different person. And I guess, I really was a different person. Before I came to this house, I wasn't the same girl I was now.

I opened the door, Jeff was still waiting outside. When he looked at my new hair-style, he almost seemed stunned. "Wow. You could've told me you were going to do that." He grumbled, but I shrugged. "Feeling your hair, I thought about dying mine. Your hair wasn't naturally black. My hair isn't naturally red." I responded, a light smile on my lips. "Now, where were we?" Snatching his hand, I took him to my bedroom, slamming the door shut behind me. Jack? Probably still sleeping on the couch, or devouring someones liver. I didn't know, and I didn't care.

This was the start of a new life. A new me.

Authors Note: And this concludes You Don't Scare Me. Thank you, everyone, for all your support over the months. I couldn't have better fans.

Check out my other stories, tell me what you think!

Update 7/27/15: Prologue to the sequel Painting Flowers is out!!