Chapter Seven - Behold the Truth

> Extremely short chapter, but I haven't updated in a long time. Whatever.

>> By the time we had gotten to the abandon house, I was resting asleep in Jack's arms, one of his arms supporting my back while the other held my legs higher; my arms were wrapped around his neck. My head was buried against his stone chest, and at that moment we could have appeared to be the cutest couple; then again he was a murderer. I was woken by the sound of Jack strutting up the porch steps, wobbling and cringing with each step as if he did not want to wake me. A bit late for that, as my eyelids peered open till my oceanic blue eyes were visible by just a slit. My own sight was limited, though my eyes refused to open any wider, as I was still dreary and half-asleep.

"Hand her off to me." Sounded Jeff's voice, I believe he was in front of Jack by the door. Although his tone sounded rough and edged, in a way the voice was softer than it had ever been.

A moment of silence laid before Jack spoke, "Why? I'm fine carrying her." He snapped rather boorishly. This was strange, Jack never voiced in such a tone, he had always been a sweet gentleman; or a man with a calm tone.

"Give me Livia." This time, Jeff sounded more angered again, as if Jack's refusal would foil some sort of plan of his.

Without another word, just moments of long, dreary silence, I felt the warmth of Jack's arms leave me, as another warmth replaced his. They did not realize I was awake, not yet at least. Jeff's arms tightly held me, and I felt myself be pressed against his chest. Instantly, my cheeks flushed to a light hue of pink; luckily strands of my hair had covered the colour. I heard the door open creakily, of course by Jack, and then footsteps. I knew the footsteps belonged to Jeff, because as he walked with me in his arms, his back would slightly tilt. The motion was rather nice though, almost like rocking a small child to sleep.

The door was shut, and Jack's foosteps disappeared behind us; I did not dare to open my eyes. Soon I felt myself being laid onto a soft surface - My bed. Still I laid like a rock, too fearful to even open my eyes and too fearful to even sigh. In a swift movement, a blanket was laid over me gently, tucked around my sides and keeping me held in warmth. I heard Jeff sigh desperately, and my lip couldn't help but twitch as it attempted to curve into a smile. Then, Jeff began to talk to my pressumably sleeping body, "I'm sorry Livia." He murmured, and the weight on the mattress shifted as Jeff sat down next to me. "I really am, but I can't let you leave; the best way to get over them now is to never see them again." Never see my brother again? I couldn't do that, my family meant too much to me, there was no way that I was going to stay here with no memory of them. "I watched you for a while, you know." Jeff stiffled a small chuckle, one that was short and quick, and maybe he even felt crazier for doing this. "While you slept, I watched at your window. Even now, I'm watching you sleep." I gulped quietly, and continued to listen to his voice. His tone had become rather soft, and the voice that was once rage filled was nothing but a whisper. Even he whisper seemed loud in this room where not even the mice crawling in the walls could be heard.

"Why do you think I wanted to," There was a pause, "kill you?" Maybe because you are a psycopathic murderer? Has that not come to mind, Jeff? As if reading my mind, the answer came, "No, I didn't want to kill you because that's what I do; I wanted to kill you so you could always have that beautiful, emotionless expression on your face." Jeff reached his hand out, and began to stroke my locks of hair. As much as I wanted to pull back and scream, I didn't dare to move. I remained there, still pretending that I was fast asleep as he spoke. "Just like the way you are now, I wanted you to stay like that forever." Jeff seemed to choke on his own words as he continued to pet my hair rythmically. After that, there was nothing but silence and more silence. Nothing stirred besides the slow movement of his hand gently carrassing my hair. I would have thought he was fascinated by my hair if he didn't stop any time soon.

The time we spent there seemed like forever, until there was a knock at the door. "Jeff? You've been in there quite a while." Jack called from the other side, his voice strained.

Jack let out a quiet grunt, "Why does that matter?"

"No reason, but I found this." I heard the door open, and Jack came closer to my bed. I felt something be dropped, and that thing crawled over until it reached my hand, brushing a soft tail against it. Instantly, I knew that this thing Jack had found was my lovely Mitzi. As much as I wanted to thank him, I continued to play Sleeping Beauty. "Now, let her sleep." Jack said rather impatiently. Jeff seemed to snort, though he did get up and the weight was evened out as I laid in the middle of the bed. There were more footsteps, a closing door, and then nothing. Then, I knew I was safe to look around, and so I did. My eyelids fluttered open, and I met a very nosey set of golden eyes staring right back at me. "Welcome back Mitzi." I giggled quietly, and Mitzi meowed in satisfaction.