Chapter 8- run with me.

I sat in the corner of my room with my knees close to my chest, I was shaking in fear and could hear plates crashing downstairs. I looked over at the pieces of the smashed guitar and let another tear roll down my cheek. My face was throbbing and there was blood everywhere, What happened to sweet caring, loving father i used to know? how was he protecting me by ramming his fist into my face?

I shakily and hesitantly reached into my pocket to pull out my phone and went directly to Justins contact. as I held the phone to my ear I heard it start to ring.

"pick up pick up pick up" I whispered under my breath as I sat there waiting.

"Hey beautiful, what's up?" He answered with an upbeat tone in his voice as always.

"J-Justin.." I whispered, not wanting my dad to hear that I was on the phone. Justin automatically became worried by the tone in my voice.

"What's going on..?"

"D-dad knows..." Justin paused before letting out a frustrated sigh.

"How..?"

"You left y-your necklace here.." I whispered into the phone as I heard more things smash downstairs.

"why are you whispering.. vi, what's going on?" I gulped and let in a breath before answering.

"H-he went crazy.." I heard the sound of car keys being rattled in the background of Justins phone.

"where are you? are you up in your room?" he asked with a worried tone in his voice

"y-yes.."

"stay there, lock your door and make sure your dad cant get in, I'm coming to get you" I shook my head although he couldn't see me.

"J-Justin please no.."

"If hes going as crazy as i think he is, your not safe, ill pick you up and we can go and stay in a hotel until things cool off or something, i just need to know my baby's safe.." he hung up and i threw my phone back into my pocket.

"YOU WILL NEVER SEE THAT BOY AGAIN, YOU HEAR ME?!" I heard dad scream from downstairs,

"just you wait and see.." I muttered under my breath as I stood up and locked my door before pushing my now tipped over desk in front of it so if he attempted to get in he would hopefully fail.

I sat back down on the floor, wiping the blood from my nose and trying to hold back my tears.

as time passed i felt like Justin was never going to come but then I heard a light tapping on my balcony door, I looked up to see Justin standing there with his forehead pressed against the glass.

"Justin.." I stood up staggering over to him, when he noticed how beaten up my face was, his eyes widened in horror. I quickly unlatched the door and he ran in, wrapping his arms around me.

"what happened to you.." he whispered into my ear as i hugged him tightly.

"I-I told you he went crazy" He pulled apart from the hug and wiped some blood that was on my lip,

"c'mon lets get out of here.."

He helped me climb down the balcony and ran me to his car where we sped out of the driveway and down the road as fast as we could. i still had tears in my eyes and blood on my face.

"I cant believe he did this.." Justin announced and shook his head driving in the direction of a nearby hotel. I felt like i wanted to throw up, i placed my hand on my stomach

"Justin, stop the car" he slammed on the brakes almost immediately,

"why are you okay?" I shook my head before opening the car door and vomiting everywhere on the ground outside. I heard Justin hiss and knew he was closing his eyes.

"you good babe..?" I felt his hand land on my back, I nodded pulling myself back into the car.

"yeah.. I'm fine.. lets just drive" as we neared the hotel i could feel stress lifting off of my shoulders.

"so what are we going to do.. we cant live in a hotel forever.." i looked down at my hands as Justin brought the car to a stop.

"this is temporary.. we'll stay here tonight, and tomorrow we'll drive a little further, then the next day we'll go a little further"

"so we're just going to keep running?"

"that's the plan"