Chapter 12

***Maes POV

The bell sounds, signaling its time for lunch and I start for the door wondering if Jakes here yet. Maybe I'll text him on my way to my locker.

Hey where are yo-

I feel a tap on my shoulder and spin around on my heel to face Sky.

"Hey let's get some lunch I'll buy," he said in a sort of monotone expression.

Sounds off.

I delete my text to Jake and send a new on.

I sent, Hey can't make it, something came up. How's tomorrow?

I close my phone and toss my bag in my locker.

"Coming?" Sky asks waving me over as he starts down the hall.

I quickly follow trying to match his pace. Jeez hes fast.

We make it to the cafeteria and sit out in the courtyard. Sky grabs a lighter from his pant pocket and lights a cigarette.

"I didn't know you smoke," I say taking a drink of lemon vitamin water.

He shrugs, "yeah well only when I'm stressed. Other than you Cats the only other person who knows that."

"Well you can't smoke at school," I said grabbing his cigarette and stomping it out in the gravel.

He shoots me a look, "what the hell?"

"Wanna smoke or wanna complete senior year?" I ask cockily.

He mocks me and laughs.

"So what has you stressed out?" I ask him eating a bite of my sandwich.

He fidgets with his hands and flips his hair, "family problems."

"Tell me about it..." I trail off thinking about mom and dad.

He shrugs, "I dunno just trying to imprison my dad, justify my brothers suicide... and they're questioning my

word against his. Nothings going right."

I nod, "I miss my parents."

"Yeah I heard..sorry bout that," he said closing his lunch barely touching his food.

I ask, "not hungry?"

"Nah I'll eat at home," he said.

I sigh, "Time for class."

***Cats POV

"Alright girls ready to see your FABULOUS dresses?" Sammi asks holding two plastic zip up bags.

Vid nods and I sit up from my spot on the bed.

Sammi slowly opens the bag and half way done zippering she stops and says, "maayyybee I should waaait-"

Vid cuts her off, "OPEN THE DAMN THING WOMAN!"

I laugh and say, "Aw Sammi show us already!"

She deeply sighs jokingly and unzips the bag revealing a beautiful, short red dress with a strapless neck line.

"This ones Vids," she smiles.

Vid snatches it and looks at It with awe, "OH MY GOD! You're actually Gunna let us look good?"

"Of COURSE!" Sammi said placing a hand on her chest, "its my dad and everyone has to look PERFECT."

"So is there a difference in our dresses?" i ask waiting as she starts to open mine.

She replies, "yes! Actually all the dresses have the same fabric, color, and the same look at the bottom of the dress. BUT each of the necklines are different. Vids is strapless..."