Chapter 7

***Maes POV

"MaeMae wake up," Aunt Cathrine coos as she shakes my shoulder gently.

I open my eyes and look up at my alarm clock, "Aunt Cathrine it's 7 in the morning."

"And you have school. Don't mean to be insensitive sending you there right away but I can't just have Cat babysit you all day. She has to rest her liver," she said starting to walk out, "Breakfast is on the table."

I moan and sit up out of bed. School. Jeez I almost forgot.

I get up and stretch my arms to the ceiling. Time to go to a new school with new people and new problems. Agh.

Peeling off my pj's, I grab my black skinny jeans, a Sleeping With Sirens band tee, and a pair of ankle length, fuzzy white boots. It's cold and wet out why risk ruining my converse?

I grab my bag off the floor and hear Aunt Cathrine yell up the stairs, "I'm leaving for work. Carlos is dropping me off so you can take Joe to school in my car. See you later!"

"Bye Aunt Cathrine!" I yell running downstairs.

I take a look at the table and grab an apple. Not that hungry. Sick feeling actually. Probably just nerves.

"Joe are you ready yet?" I yell.

He answers, "yep lets go!"

I grab the keys and drive up to the school building much, MUCH smaller than mind but maybe change is...good?

I grab my bag and notice something falls out. I bend over to pick it up and realize its a small white envelope. Oh Becca. I open it and find the large amount of cash she offered me ont he plane. She must of slipped it in my bag. I sigh and stuff it in between my books.

Walking slowly through the door I creep into the open space near some tables and teh schools office. Great now I know where that is for future reference. I walk up to the office door and peer inside where a woman sits at her desk looking old and annoyed as ever.

"Can I HELP you miss?" she asks irritated.

I say, "uh...I'm Mae Warren the new senior from Wyoming."

"OH how was your summer?" she asks.

"Uh..okay. What about you?"

She replies, "wonderful," she looks les than ecstatic.

"I uh am looking for my first class...CPR? Wisconsin has a CPR class?" i say.

She looks at me like I'm dumb, "Circle Power of Respect. It's a class to start everyones day with an activity and a greeting. It's room 205 down the hall to your left."

"Thanks," I mutter leaving the office.

Walking down the hallway I feel so out of ordinary. Everyone wears jeans and too tight tee shirts. I'm the weirdo looking for CPR wearing skinny jeans and an over sized band tee. This should be fun.

***Cats POV

I insert a small piece of bacon in my mouth and smile with satisfaction.

"I can't remember the last time I ate bacon," I say stuffing the rest in my mouth.

Andy said, "yeah well it's time to start gaining some weight."

"Yeah I guess," i say looking at my hands.

He sips his milk then says, "which reminds me! I got you something."

Andy kisses me on the cheek and leaves to his bunk then returns with a small black book.