Chapter 9

***Cats POV

I lay down on the couch and turn on my side lightly to watch Mia from her crib. My stitches feel bothered and I sit up gently then pull up my dark blue tank top right under my chest. My stitches look slightly irritated maybe I should lay on my back. Everyones asleep so I slipped out here for some seclusion. You wouldn't think I'd want any but I really do.

"Cat what are you doing out here?" Andy whispered.

I wave him over and he sits next to me.

"I'm just...I dunno," I said kinda down.

I'm not gunna lie. I feel like shit right now. Not physically. But mentally I feel like complete shit.

"What's wrong?" he said wrapping an arm around me and rubbing my shoulder then kissing my jawline softly.

"I...I just-" I break off and start crying, "ugh why the hell am I crying?"

He lets go and stands up, "hold on."

Andy slips on his boots and quietly leaves the bus. He opens the door and I feel a rush of freezing February air on my bare legs. Note to self: don't wear pajama shorts in the winter.

Andy returns with a pile of clothes, two small bottles, and my wreak this journal.

"I brought you a change of clothes for tomorrow from your room. Maybe you're getting a little stir crazy from being cooped up since your surgery. Well take a walk or something. Take both your liver and anti depressant pills now. You might be having a small anxiety attack or something," he continues, "and I'm gunna give you a kiss then go lay down so you can start task number one in your journal to relieve stress until you fall asleep. Okay? Here's my ipod plug in and calm down."

He gives me a small kiss on the forehead, "night. Love you."

I barely whisper, "love you too," as he walks to his bunk to leave me with privacy of my own.

He's too good for me. Why is he so perfect? Humph.

I grab a small glass of water and place the anti depressant on my tongue then swallow. The liver pill is a bit bigger and takes slight more effort to take.

Next I grab a pen, my journal, and Andy's ipod then lay down on the couch. I plug in the headphones and press play.

"If I was a wanted man on the run, would you take the fall if we were under the gun? Drop down beside me in the n-"

I notice Andy walk in and I take out the head phones.

"Heres two pillows and a blanket Catarina. Goodnight love," he said blowing me a kiss.

"Goodnight," I say putting the head phone back in.

"How bad would I have to be? How baaaad.. if I was the worst man in the world," I trail off in the song as I read the cover page. It says to make my own page numbers starting 'here'. I start writing 1,2,3,4... so forth until I reach 48 and drift off into sleep dropping the journal on the ground and slipping Into dreamland.

***Skys POV -the next morning-

I pour the coffee and see Claire drag her feet down the stairs, staring at me.

"Why are you making breakfast at six in the morning?" she asks stretching upward and sitting at the dining room table slumped in her chair.

I smile, "I start school today."

"On a Tuesday?" she asks.

"Couldn't make it yesterday remember?" I ask slightly bummed about yesterday.